Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1478
    Had to spend some time on the telephone to get the Internet connection connected again. Watered the lawns, got recycling ready (ended up with almost getting the famous SW number), to the ATM, out for gas (before it goes up AGAIN), and up to the school to drop off some stuff/get some stuff/do some stuff online/copy some stuff. Home to get my grading and lesson planning done to relax on Easter tomorrow. Quick grocery store run. Watched (or saw scores) of both Pittsburgh teams lose ( both on end-of-game leads lost) on TV.

And due to an inability to fall asleep, wrote some funny parodies based on a hall pass a student gave me this week.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 04-20-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: late night humor?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Went to WonderCon. Enjoyed it way more than I expected to based on the last time I attended two years ago.

I spent most of the day yesterday at work, then I was supposed to go see my coworker's band play last night at a bar in a neighboring town, but I forgot to ask him exactly where they would be playing and I didn't feel like driving around for most of the evening going from bar to bar looking for his band (especially since they wouldn't even start playing until after 11 PM). So I ended up just sitting at home watching movies on TV and I think I had a much better time than if I had gone to see my friend's band.

Mrs. TI7 and I worked around the house, ran a few errands, I got a hair cut, we walked the dogs and later went out to dinner. Also paid WAY TOO MUCH for gas.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I 'supervised' a college athlete I know track workout (his coach graduated a few years after me, and the college kid also went to the same hs as the two of us), then I went and did my own workout (bike), after that some laundry, a nap, the interwebs etc.

Winds and rain made for a bad night's sleep. Did a little yardwork (mainly plant feeding). Laundry loads. Out to drop off recycling (just under $10, helped some ladies who weren't aware of how to separate/what's accepted, and they gave me their two aluminum cans as "payment" ). Shopping and lunching with coupons to both. Finished reading the book I got around a month back, then dropped it off at the library (it was due by today). Graded some. Watched two Pittsburgh teams win on TV (Pirates, Penguins), plus an NFL Films Steelers "Immaculate Reception" documentary.

Ran 9.23 miles, ate, drove down to Milwaukee to get my race number for next weekends Wisconsin Marathon where I will be running my 8th marathon (spoiler alert that will be mentioned next week!). Since I was in the area I went over and checked out the Wisconsin Private College track and field championships where I know a guy who is a junior in college. Oddly that guy is coached by a guy who graduated 2 years after me in high school. Other then some laundry that was pretty much my day.

EDIT: The kid I know won the 200 and was the anchor on the winning 4 X 100 relay team. Go Eagles!

On call this week end; waiting for it to go sideways later tonight since it's El Drink-o de Mayo weekend. A quick dinner of comida mexicana with Mrs. TI7, came home, walked the dogs; now just chillin'.

[edit] I forgot: I also spent a good amount of time on WWII family members (and others) research. A very productive day!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Up to head east for a writing conference on the upcoming Common Core Standards (no, wait! don't run away! it was good! ). Saw a few people I knew (since this conference had been re-scheduled from Feb., and May's a tough month for teachers to get away on weekends with all the end-of-the-year stuff to do, no others from my school attended, although a former colleague was presenting), and enjoyed the a/c inside (was likely in the mid- to upper-90s there). Tried to get to the recycling place before it closed; came up 10 minutes late. Home to grade a little, lesson plan a little, TV a little, laundry a load.

Ran in the Wisconsin Marathon, disappointing performance by yours truly. Afterwards on my way home I stopped at an AWESOME fast foodish place in Milwaukee for some delicious chocolate malt custard, and because I'm a gluten for punishment I went in and worked about 5 hours on Saturday night (OT is always nice).