Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Gillian Anderson is a dirty litterbug!

So I'm at the gas station today waiting to use the air pump, less than 10 feet from the curb with an unblocked view of every car on the street waiting for the light when I notice the person in the large, new, white Mercedes Benz stuck in traffic RIGHT in front of me throws a full can of Coke out the passenger window into the gutter. The soda loudly spills out when I look up and notice that the driver is The X-File's Gillian Anderson, and I'm pretty shocked that anybody, much less someone in a white Mercedes (because if that cola splashes on the paint, it would be a serious, permanent mess that could even eat away the paint), would throw a can of soda into the gutter in our nice, clean Los Feliz neighborhood. So this person who just noisily littered right in front of me notices that I'm kinda glowering at her in disgust and shock (since I rarely see people littering anymore), and she rolls up her tinted electric window giving me a dirty look - as if I were somehow offending her! I fought off the urge to yell "litterbug!!!" as the arrow changed to green and she made her turn, but littering can be up to a thousand dollar fine out here and she wasn't even subtle about it. I tell ya, some people in this town can be pretty crass at times - you'd think someone with a public reputation would think twice about littering.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Gillian Anderson is a dirty litterbug!

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I tell ya, some people in this town can be pretty crass at times - you'd think someone with a public reputation would think twice about littering.
    It seems that alot of people with public reputaions don't really think at all. This is just another case of a "star" thinking they are above the laws or the rules. I'm suprised that this kinda thing doesn't happen more often. Look at all those "stars" that get arrested for shoplifting, and other things that they should know better not to do with their money and reputations. For Instance, the following story occured in December:

Actress Winona Ryder arrested for shoplifting in LA

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (Reuters) - Actress Winona Ryder, the star of "Girl, Interrupted" was arrested Wednesday night at a posh Beverly Hills department store for shoplifting "numerous" items of clothing, police said Thursday.

The 30-year-old actress known for her performances of troubled adolescents was charged with grand theft and possession of prescription drugs without a prescription, Beverly Hills police spokeswoman Stephanie Ochoa said.

Ryder was released on $20,000 bail Wednesday night shortly before midnight, Ochoa said.

The alleged shoplifting took place at the Saks Fifth Avenue store on Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills in the heart of one of the most expensive shopping districts in the nation.

Police said they received a call around 7 p.m. from security personnel at the store who told them that they had detained Ryder for shoplifting "numerous items of clothing", Ochoa said.

In 1995 Ryder was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress for her work in "Little Women". In 1994 she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for "The Age of Innocence".

Ryder's publicist said she had no comment, and a spokesman for Saks also declined to comment on the arrest.

Source: Reuters/Variety REUTERS

This is one of many stories about so called "stars" that think that they are all that and a bag of chips, and can get away with murder. Hmm, on second thought there have been a few that have tried to get away with that also.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Jeditricks, did you consider going "Bette Midler" on her, ala The Simpsons ?

I once yelled at...

Jordan Knight from NKOTB when he was doing an in-store signing at the Camelot I worked at. He and the "boys" were about 45 minutes late and totally disinterested in signing autographs for (what was left of) their fans. He got up and started trying to shop... so I yelled at him. I wasn't very nice about it, either. Needless to say... their careers were soon over.

Back to Gillian... yeah... littering sucks. I'll bet Annabeth Gish wouldn't litter!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Thats sucks about Winona Ryder. Celebrities like her have the convienience of money to spend at their amusement. That sucks about Gillian Anderson too. The nerve!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

First of all, I always love the titles of JediTrick's threads.

Second, did you get the urge to go grab the can and whip it back into her car? "Here, Gillian! You dropped this accidentally!"

Third, I like how JEDIPartnr implied that because he yelled at Jordan, the group's career tanked. You go, Obi-Dale!

It's too bad no one caught it on video. Pepsi would have a field day! I can see the ad campaign:

Voiceover:"Famous People like Gillian Anderson think Coke products SUCK."
    Cut to: Gillian tossing can out window.
    Voiceover: "Pepsi. The Joy of Cola (and dirty litterbugs)!"

There only one thing she can do to regain our respect...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scullypenance.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	755  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

talk about being at the right place at the right time. I've lived in the L.a/Pasadena, Hollywwod area most of my life and have only run into a couple of actors: Robert Picardo and the shape shifting dude from the XFiles (also in Cobra)

where the heck was this?

How DARE you sully Ms. Fisher's lucious curves with Gillian's fugliness?!? Shame on you!

the wierd thing is, why would someone throw away a whole coke? do you open it up and think, i don't want this? i love the carbonated soft drink. and who drives around with cans? the screw top bottle rules. if you can drink a 1 liter, drive a stick and play with the cd changer all at once, you rule as a driver!

jeditricks,

i would of yelled, "miss moore, miss julianne moore(who scully lost the role in hannible to), you dropped your coke. (in my best forrest gump voice, of course)

hollywood folk hate it when you don't know who they are.

maybe she was hitting on you, trying to get your attention,but when you gave her the evil eye, it turned her off.
    Last edited by derek; 02-21-2002 at 04:41 PM.