Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Arc-170 (?)

New Arc-170 (?)

BBTS just posted a pre-order for a deluxe Arc-170.

The picture looks like an old one with a new paint job. But from the price, it may be a newer, bigger, more accurate sculpt.

I guess we'll know by toyfair.

Naw, that's the same old turkey sculpt as 4 years ago. It's just sporting an imperial paint scheme.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They showed the box at the same Canadian thing that revealed the Turbo Tank. It looks pretty cool, but this better not become the next Jedi Starfighter - it's the fourth damn one!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

You know Jabba, you just recently put up a post that had a deluxe Star Wars vehicle for $64.99 in the Target cpu. It isn't going to be this is it??? A $30 ship with a new paint job doubled in price?
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

It's Vader's ARC-170. Look for Palpatine's ARC-170, Cody's ARC-170, Tarkin's ARC-170, Thrawn's ARC-170, and Luke's ARC-170 (from the backup feature in an issue of Republic that was only released in Cambodia), all retailer exclusives for 2009, with suggested retail prices starting at the unbelievably low price of only $75!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Vader's ARC...OMG I really hope you are kidding...I really do.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

I never kid.

I just lie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The clone pilots and Death Star on the box lead me to believe that it's just an early-Imperial thing, that could go with Vader's black Jedi Starfighter. As I said in a different thread, I would rather have the Imperial V-wing, but whatever. Since it's from this post-CW era, then, I'm not sure why they have it in a CW box.

And I really hope it's not $65. The $50 Walmart one was bad enough. I suppose it's not out of the question, though . . . we'll see at Toy Fair, hopefully.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Since it's from this post-CW era, then, I'm not sure why they have it in a CW box.
    Perhaps it's a spoiler?

"other elements that are not suitable for children under 16 years of age."

I find this sad. I had a chemistry set and lived through it.