Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    R3-S6 (Clone Wars)

    A quick review for a small, fun droid.

    The Clone Wars line is nice, because I don't feel obligated to own every single figure that comes out, but each time that I do get something (with only one flop so far), I've enjoyed it.

    R3-S6 is no exception.

    He's a nice tight little figure with some fun gimmicks that don't interfere with the overall look of the toy.

    The only problem that I can point out, is that for my particular R3 figure, there's a lot of glue slopped around the wires on his "feet." So he's not exactly perfect, but close enough to make me happy.

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    I'd be even more happy if these toys weren't retailing for around $8 right now. Ouch! What I've said before about the higher prices causing me to think twice (or maybe three times) about impulse buys, really applies to this sort of thing. Here's a simple formula that Hasbro can use: $8 = not likely; $7 = maybe; $6 = yes, if it's a good toy; $5 and below = probably, even if it's a lame-ish figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw23_r3s6_01.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	19438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw23_r3s6_04.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	19439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw23_r3s6_05.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	19440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw23_r3s6_06.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	19441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw23_r3s6_07.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	19442  


  2. #2
    Thanks for opening my eyes up to this guy. I like the data scope and claw feature that are workable. I'll be sure to make this one my 2nd Clone Wars Figure. Now only if they could get into the actual R2-D2.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

  3. #3
    I saw this today for the first time, $8.79 at a Target that ramps their prices higher than most. Easy pass.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Thanks for opening my eyes up to this guy. I like the data scope and claw feature that are workable. I'll be sure to make this one my 2nd Clone Wars Figure. Now only if they could get into the actual R2-D2.
    What? This is the same mold as the CW R2-D2 (though the legs are different as they don't have the holes for R2's rockets). That figure came out on July 26.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I saw this today for the first time, $8.79 at a Target that ramps their prices higher than most. Easy pass.
    Oh god... $8.79 is a ripoff. I'm having a hard enough time with $7.99 as is, which is why...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    What? This is the same mold as the CW R2-D2 (though the legs are different as they don't have the holes for R2's rockets). That figure came out on July 26.
    ...I passed on the R2-D2 figure. I didn't see the need to buy yet another R2 figure for even more money this time. R3-S6 is new, and it's a cool idea having a "bad" droid.

    I enjoyed this R3 figure well enough, so I'll probably go back and buy R2-D2 at some point.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    What? This is the same mold as the CW R2-D2 (though the legs are different as they don't have the holes for R2's rockets). That figure came out on July 26.
    Being that I have no interest in the CW line, I don't know what is out there, what the features are etc. I can only devote so much time to researching things and decide the bulk of my "free" time is to be devoted to look for commentary and interviews of EU authors to help me with customs.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Being that I have no interest in the CW line, I don't know what is out there, what the features are etc. I can only devote so much time to researching things and decide the bulk of my "free" time is to be devoted to look for commentary and interviews of EU authors to help me with customs.
    That's completely fine, but since it sounded like you wanted the CW R2-D2 and didn't know they made one yet, I figured I should point out that one came out several months ago.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Oh god... $8.79 is a ripoff. I'm having a hard enough time with $7.99 as is, which is why...

    ...I passed on the R2-D2 figure. I didn't see the need to buy yet another R2 figure for even more money this time. R3-S6 is new, and it's a cool idea having a "bad" droid.

    I enjoyed this R3 figure well enough, so I'll probably go back and buy R2-D2 at some point.
    I really liked the R2-D2 figure enough to buy a second one for my CW Jedi Starfighter. It's got a lot of charm, I think I named it my figure of the year even. But the pricing is insane. I probably won't buy the Goldie figure you got unless I can get it on sale, but I may get another astromech if it's a better character and color scheme.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO