Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Talking Basketball 2008-09 Thread

I know that the NBA's a dead issue here, but I didn't notice any NCAA b-ball threads yet, and maybe your local high school teams's doing well. On a weekend where Pitt, OSU, and YSU all win, that's a good time. Brackets will be in the newspapers soon, too!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Carolina vs. Duke in 3 days!!

Go Heels
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Blah Syracuse has been playing like Slick's mom lately....pretty much on their backs.

Hoping my local teams, Siena and Albany make the tourney through their conference tournaments which are both in Albany this year so I can't wait to check it out in person
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I watch NBA games. Someone on the board has to, right?

NCAA wise, I'm not harboring great hopes for my Bruins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Carolina vs. Duke in 3 days!!
    Make that an hour and 17 minutes!!

Go Heels!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Heels win, 101 to 87!!

Carolina wins 4 straight in the hellhole, err, I mean Duke's home floor!!

'Cuse loses yet again! UConn is tough along with half of the Big East....man.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Could the Elite Eight be all Big East squads this year? UConn, Pitt, Louisville, Villanova, Marquette, Da 'Cuse, ND, and Georgetown have all been Top 25 teams at some point.

But of course, UNC, Wake, Duke, Michigan St., or OK will be around there, too.

Pitt beats its first #1 team!

Since the time is approaching, I always wonder if I should go see the Misouri Conference Tournament in St. Louis (being a Creighton Alum), or usually since the Big 10 or 12 tournament is occasionally close as well traveling to that for an opening set of games. Always enjoyable.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)