The King of Kong

Tried searching for a thread on this movie but didn't come across one....

Anyone see this flick? Came out about a year and a half ago, and I think it's fantastic. I watch it at least once a month. A nice uplifting story that feels real, not like Hollywood. Great characters throughout as well.

For those who've watched it....

I just booked a cottage at the same place where the D-bag Brian Kuh was in this documentary when all the nerds were piled in his cabin with Billy's tape....My brother, friend and I are all going during the International Arcade and Pinball Tournament at the end of May. I already know Walter Day will be there and I'm hoping to meet a lot of these guys. Should be an awesome time, I can't wait.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack
    A nice uplifting story that feels real, not like Hollywood.
    Yeah, it really captures that "documentary" feel . . . er, wait . . .

I watched this movie a few months ago and loved it. It was endlessly fascinating. That sounds like a cool trip!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Overrated but decent.
    I have no desire to see it again.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I think I mentioned this film somewhere under the "what have you watched recently" thread back when I saw it. I loved this documentary, but then again I'm a video game nut. I must of watched it three times straight when I rented it (once as is and two more times for the commentaries, which I rarely ever bother to do). I wish I owned a DVD copy of movie for myself.

Now if only I can see "Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade", the documentary film on the golden age of arcade games. I think G4 may have shown it, but as I don't have that channel it doesn't help me much. They need to put it out on DVD.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Not as good as The Wizard, but still a good movie.

Billy got his title back....

Billy Mitchell
    , the flamboyant, hot sauce-selling gamer the gaming world has loved to rag on since the 2007 movie King of Kong portrayed him as an arrogant, ruthless competitor, has frustrated his detractors once more: Though he was dethroned as the Donkey Kong world record holder earlier this year, he’s officially retaken his crown. And that’s not all: While he was at it, Mitchell also set the world record for Donkey Kong Jr. His scores were 1,062,800 for Donkey Kong, 1,270,900 for Donkey Kong Jr.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I've heard about the King of Kong but haven't yet watched it, it sounds like an "interesting" flick.