Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the big bet

Question the big bet

my son recently showed me another fan site that listed George Lucas as a member, i explained to him there was no way this was the movie directing Lucas and if it were, i would eat his brussel sprouts for a year..i am allergic to brussel sprouts. Shuold i contact my HMO in advance? The site i'm referring to is yodanews, i hope i havent disrespected this site by mentioning this but if i lose this bet jabba and me will have some things in common. thanks for any reply. vader113869@yahoo.com

Trust me . . . Lucas is not on any of these fan sites.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Trust me . . . Lucas is not on any of these fan sites.
    Of course he is! My BFF Supershadow talks to him everyday. He says he even hangs out on this site and uses the name Slicker. Get the epi pen ready, you're gonna need it.

cute

thats cute guy..supershadow ..i like that

Glad you liked it.

Jabbas right though. Why would Lucas waste his time visiting fan sites? He's probably browsed a few but I sincerely doubt he would ever actively participate.

probably right

I doubt it too,but whoever it is on yodanews.com who's saying he is the real Lucas really believes it. Thats nice and spooky

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    I doubt it too,but whoever it is on yodanews.com who's saying he is the real Lucas really believes it. Thats nice and spooky
    It's just some punk kid messing with everyone and I doubt he actually takes it seriously.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

at-te

have you heard anything about a HUGE playset hasbro is suppose to release this fall? I know their going to continue the larger scale stuff like the turbotank but i dont know about a playset with the economy being like it is
    Last edited by darthbooger; 02-11-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Why would Lucas waste his time visiting fan sites? He's probably browsed a few but I sincerely doubt he would ever actively participate.
    You never know (and I'm going on "experience" here). More than likely you guys are right. Its probably not him, because it seems unlikely he'd want to spend all his free time with us SW fanatics on top of everything else he does business wise regarding SW. With that said though Lucas, regardless of his fame and riches, is still a person like any of us (with his likes/dislikes etc.) so I reckon anything is possible. For all we know he gets a kick out of talking with people in message boards about SW.

Going on the same take (although they aren't quite as rich and/or famous as Lucas) you wouldn't expect the writers, producers, and actors/actresses, of Power Rangers would want to spend their free time talking to PR fanatics in message boards for hours on end. Yet (based on my own "personal first hand experience" of said events) they for some odd reason do, even going out of their way to prove who they say they are at times by posting photos of themselves while holding signs saying things like "Hi, I am "forum name" on so-and-so Power Ranger forum". So you always have to be open to the possibility.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Nothing against Power Rangers, but they don't get millions in residuals every day, and they don't have legions of fans who want to kill them for changing a scene so Lord Zedd shoots first.
    Tommy, close your eyes.