Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Comic Packs Just Shown At Toy Fair!!!

Darth Krayyt looks awesome! Alright! It's great to be getting him!

Sigel Dare looks interesting. Unnecessary, considering all the other great characters from Legacy that they could do. But I'll buy her.

Kyle Katarn looks awesome. I'll keep a couple of his figures and trade off the rest, as I plan to army build the Yuuzhan Vong!

Where's that Luke from? He looks cool. Older actually. Could be post-ROTJ. That'd be nice.

I'm totally getting Luminara even though I've actually never read about her. (And I admit that also.)

The Comic Series provides some of THE best action figures, I think!

I am liking the new packs as well. I am surprised Tycho did not comment on the Ewoks pack. It has Keeloketch in it, a long awaited one for him.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

We'd seen that one before at the 2008 Comic Con slideshow.

I'm on the fence about it since they are from a Marvel comic and may not be painted in such a manner that they are useable for my dioramas. I haven't decided yet.

The character's name is Lumiya, not Luminara (a typo where the photos are listed) and the Luke is probably between ANH and ESB, there's a photo in her wookieepedia page that looks like it's from the issue that inspired this set (towards the bottom, near the behind the scenes section). I still think the Vong looks a bit beefy and it's too bad the exoks have the marvel comics coloring, I'm torn on that set.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

That story took place after Return of the Jedi. The artwork in the comic is actually pretty striking.

I guess you're right, the caption says 4 ABY which is right about the same time as Jedi, so I guess it's immediately after.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I don't even read Legacy any longer but I want Krayt!

Darth Krayt definitely has that crappy 1990s comic book villain look down pat. I think I liked him better when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain.

Which is saying a lot because I hated Darth Krayt when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stryfe.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	19550  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Everything in those pictures makes me happy, except the Yuuzhan Vong. Beyond the proportions, the armor is just off to me. More metalic than organic. Plus having the Krayt there who's also wearing Vonduum Crab armor is really a needle to the eye of a lot of us who'd been expecting a YV warrior for some time. Will it stop me from picking up 2 or 3 sets? Nope, like I said, I've wanted a YV for a long time, it stopped me from picking up a dozen.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Darth Krayt definitely has that crappy 1990s comic book villain look down pat. I think I liked him better when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain.

Which is saying a lot because I hated Darth Krayt when he was just a badly drawn Rob Liefeld villain.
    I've never thought of it that way, but you're so dead on!
    Tommy, close your eyes.