Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ephant Mon!!

Ephant Mon!!

Now that we have seen the sculpt input sheet for the upcoming Ephant Mon figure, what does everyone think? Looks pretty good to me. Will definatly have a place in my Jabba's palace. Nice to see another big critter like Amanaman get produced. Hopefully soon we will get Hermi Odle as well. That will go a long way to improving on the lack of Jabba's Palace Aliens that we need. Seems the Cantina is getting the primary attention figure wise, but hopefully soon they will switch gears and toss a couple more of Jabba's vile minions twords us. I'm posting the info here, as well as the large size image of the sculpting sheet so we can discuss it here.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Fans' Choice Figure #3 - Update Ephant Mon
    Feb 21, 2002
    This is a sculpt input of Fans' choice figure #3 Ephant Mon. The sculpt input is a 2-D tool for the sculptor to begin creating a 3-D wax. A sculpt input denotes the structure, scale, texture, part breakdown and articulation of a figure as well as any accessories or special features that the figure has. A sculpting input is not only used by the sculptor to create the wax, but also by costing engineers to do preliminary cost analysis of the figure. This sculpt input of Ephant Mon shows that the figure is designed to have articulation points at the arms, legs and wrists. In addition it shows Ephant Mon's cane accessory that will have Jabba the Hut's logo sculpted onto the top of the handle and a Vibro-blade that will plug into the bottom of the cane. Check back for progress on your Fans' Choice Figure #3!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elephantmon_sclpt_lg.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	754  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Have they announced if it will be a deluxe figure? What pack ins might it include, other than the weapons? Maybe they could do an ARTICULATED Salacious B. Crumb?

I didn't vote for him, but I'll buy him

Wow, don't change a thing. I like him.

Hopefully, this won't be a deluxe figure (although all the men in the POTJ deluxe sported bare chests ) I can see it in the larger bubble, body tilted, and the head tilted even further.

Accessories are cool, especially the blade sheath on his leg. Great detailing. A+ for concept design. Can't wait for first-shot photos.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Have they announced if it will be a deluxe figure? What pack ins might it include, other than the weapons? Maybe they could do an ARTICULATED Salacious B. Crumb?
    I didn't vote for him, but I'll buy him
    I dunno about him being a deluxe figure, with the new bubble size with the combined blue carded Star Wars figures, he probably would fit on a basic card. I would prefer a deluxe figure though, and then they can pack Bubo in with him.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Simply stunning. Although I do kind of wish the cloth that covers him was removable but all told this looks to be the highlight of the year for me. Love the vibro dagger and the leg sheath. love the black sun logo on the cane, love the articulated wrists Love the weirdness of his narrow head. love the wrinkles and folds Love the fact that he doesn't appear to be doing the splits Yes I have to say that this is a stirling design and I'm glad that hasbro have gone back to showing us designs even if it isn't for all of them. Some more of that would be great. Photos of the process of design would be a nice touch to their webpage too. 'From concept to consumer - a follow through report' yes I could quite fancy seeing some of that on their webpages alright.
    back to the figure, any news on whether this will be a deluxe or regular carded figure? Hope it's a regular card like Ellors madak. It'll be a darned sight easier to get hold of then. This is one I do not want to miss out on.
    Scooobydoo, where are you!!!

Great figure,I just hope it is not deluxe,that would mean
    we would have to shell out more money..Moving back
    to topic,as far as I can tell,this figure is nicely detailed
    and pretty well sculpted.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Well they ARE going to use the new packaging. Maybe it will be a Basic after all.
    "God's in his Heaven, All's right with the World." -NERV

wow, slightly more impressive looking to me than any 'masseuse' figure could have been!

Articulation and leg sheath are nice

The sketches are lookin' good! Let's hope the figure turns out good too, it is the "Fan's Choice" afterall.

Now that this guy is in production, shouldn't we be expecting another fan's choice poll soon?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Talking Hee hee hee...

He's got boobies!! I hope this means a Yarna figure won't be too far behind!

He looks pretty cool. I never really looked at him in the film. He's kinda like the Eeyore of Jabba's Court. no?

Kinda cool. I hope they don't botch him all up. It looks like they are on the right track. Nice going!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**