Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse

Dollhouse

Did anyone watch?

I thought it wasn't too bad, but it was too celebral for today's audience, especially the Fox audience. It makes the viewer think a little too much, like Christian Slater's My Own Worst Enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I thought it wasn't too bad, but it was too celebral for today's audience, especially the Fox audience. It makes the viewer think a little too much, like Christian Slater's My Own Worst Enemy.
    Apparently so. I think what you meant to say was that it was too cerebral.

I caught it the other night, but I wasn't all that impressed with it so far. It brings up a lot of good moral and ethical questions to think about and has potential of being a decent show, but I think the whole Playboy Mansion/Charlie's Angels "sex appeal" angle thing they have going on with it kind of undermines the overall premise of the show.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Did anyone watch?

I watched. I enjoyed My Own Worst Enemy. I don't think that show made you think anymore than a lot of other shows, other than trying to figure out which personality he was at the time. I was more confused by some aspects of this show though, but perhaps it will make sense more as we go on. I guess my question is are these people aware of what is happening to them? If not, what do they think the treatments are for?

I watched it and feel that it's a very promising series. At the risk of betraying a Whedon bias, the first episodes of Buffy, Angel and Firefly weren't that stellar.

I agree, never judge the first episode. It sets up plot lines and can be boring. 2nd ep. is where it should start getting better.

I thought it was alright
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It makes the viewer think a little too much, like Christian Slater's My Own Worst Enemy.
    Why on earth would you compare this show to "My Own Worst Enemy"? These shows have nothing in common, they are completely different!!!

On the up side this show has something MOWE never had....
    Eliza Dushku!

All hail the hot one!

I'm just happy to see her on the big screen again...and by big screen I mean my big screen HDTV!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    At the risk of betraying a Whedon bias, the first episode of...Firefly weren't that stellar.
    What? You're nuts! Whedon had the the characters, structure and tone of the show nailed from the very beginning.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    What? You're nuts! Whedon had the the characters, structure and tone of the show nailed from the very beginning.
    I know he always has the characters, structure and tone nailed down from the beginning. It's just that all of that takes a few episodes to ripen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Part of the problem with Firefly was that they didn't air the first episode first.
    But that was the b***holes at Fox's fault.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!