Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CW Magnaguard has gummy leg syndrome!

NOOOO! I just got this figure last week, and today I found it sideways on my desk. When I went to stand it back up, it no longer could, the right leg had given out and then bent quite a bit while laying down. Also, the hip had gone from normal to loose, adding to the troubles.

It's weird, these legs didn't even look that thin, but it appears the thin shins (ha!) are structurally weak and the soft plastic took its toll.

If they had included knee and ankle articulation, this wouldn't have happened.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

droid and armored figures (clones & stormies) should become titanium figures. they'd cost a little more but i'd buy them because they would actually stand up without wilting.

I was looking at mine last night when I opened it and thought the knees were articulated. I was disappointed to see they werent.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I was looking at mine last night when I opened it and thought the knees were articulated. I was disappointed to see they werent.
    I had the same thing, they LOOK articulated because of the design, they reek of having a pin-hinge on the upper knee, and clearly they could have this, the design all but screams for Hasbro to enable this - especially when the knees are larger than the articulated elbows.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Perhaps I should leave mine carded.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Mmmmmm... gummy legs!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What did you guys think of the assasin droid?

You'd think for over $7 a figure they could at least use good plastic. Especially anything that is going to have thin arms and legs.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    What did you guys think of the assasin droid?
    IG-86 rules! Not only does he have a comparable paint job and much more interesting sculpt, but I have him free-standing on my desk right next to all the other CW droids, he's in this cool guns-ablazin', wide-stance, bent-kneed pose, and he's STILL standing after several weeks. Knee and ankle articulation here made all the difference, the joints take up the stress and the figure keeps standing. It doesn't hurt either that the cylindrical design of his limbs is going to be stronger than the flatter design of the BD and Magnaguard legs.