Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I have the chance to get NY Giants season tickets...

But.....the PSL(Personal Seat License) would be $5,000 a seat....and I'd like to get 2 seats. So that'd be $10,000, and THEN another $2,400 a year for the tickets for the 8 games, $120 a seat, $240 a game....I really want to make this happen, I don't know when I'll have the chance again for something like this....people in the past have said you usually have to wait 30-50 years on a waiting list, esp for a franchise like the NY Giants. So I'm trying to work a few members of my family to help out with this.....so yea....that's my story....and hopefully it comes to fruition!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

Good luck on it. How often to you have to pay the PSL?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, obviously what you need to take into account is...

-Do you really care about the team that much?
    -Would you be able to attend all or the majority of games?
    -Are the seats better than what an average ticket may grant you?

If 2 out of 3 of those are "no," then it may be best to skip and simply buy the tickets for the games you absolutely can attend (when they become available, obviously).

Either way, it is a pretty cool thing to be offered.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The NFL is my favorite sport, I love it, but there's no way I would pay that kind of money.

I prefer to watch at home anyway, where I can get better views of the game, watch more comfortably, and follow other games as well. Plus I don't waste the rest of my day going to and from the game.

Sure, there is something very unique about going to a game, which is why I sometimes go to a single game during the season. It keeps it unique, and costs are limited.

Good luck though, I hope you are successful if you decide to really go for it!

Tell A-Rod they best way to make amends is for him to buy you the tickets.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm 99% positive the PSL fee is a one time charge....then we would just have to pay for the tickets each season...so who know what'll happen....i've got some wheels in motion, we'll see what comes out.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

Green Bay did PSLs when Lambeau Field was renovated...it was a one time fee.

For a couple years after that, if I bought tix off people for a single game, they would tack on a few bucks to help cover their cost of the PSL, but I thought it was a reasonable amount and didn't mind paying that.

I don't remember what the PSLs cost here (back in 2003, I believe), but they were probably around 2 Grand ???

If me and I had the money for the PSL(once) and tikets, I would do it. You can always re group some of the cost by selling seat #2 to a friend
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This PSL thing is going to affect alot of the fans in Jersey. The new stadium for the Giants/Jets needs to be funded, but the expense (and I mean expense in terms of fans who will not pay) might be more than the franchises want to admit.

Good luck Quack.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

They started the whole PSL thing here in Chicago several years back. I was glad I wasn't a season ticket holder. I am lucky enough to have a friend who takes me from time to time to see a Bears game, no charge.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!