Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My son turns 18 today!

My son turns 18 today. I feel old, and soon he will fly off into new directions. At least he has to be here for another 4 months, as he needs to finish high school.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Happy birthday to your son, Barry.

He is 18 and a man now. Be proud.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

When I phoned this morning, he proudly told me it was his 18th and I got to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    When I phoned this morning, he proudly told me it was his 18th and I got to wish him a Happy Birthday.
    Yes, that was nice. I thought he was talking with his mom or my brother.

BTW, he's going with his step sisters to see the midnight showing of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". I hope he doesn't get any ideas, I need grandkids!

He's 18 today. You don't need grandkids for at least 12 more years - just to be safe that he can support them all by himself.

Congrats to you both!

Great job, Barry, for getting your son to adulthood!

And Happy Birthday to your son! Here is an "Old School" tribute to rock the age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruoQE...eature=related
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Man, I still remember when you were posting about getting custody of him from your ex... Here's a sad post about when you had only temporary custody and had to take him back: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...693#post261693

I think you posted a few times about getting sole custody, but darn if I can find that thread. You are a prolific thread starter though in the Gen Disc.

Come to think of it Barry, a lot of your life has been posted on these boards, worrying about teaching your son to drive, your first date with your current wife, your mom's colon cancer and her passing, your engagement and wedding, and the whole ordeal with getting your son. Life, death, love, growth, charity - we've been witnesses to some of your worst and best times it seems, and it's been quite an honor to share in your life. I'm sure your son hitting adulthood will go well, he has a great example.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    BTW, he's going with his step sisters to see the midnight showing of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". I hope he doesn't get any ideas, I need grandkids!
    Girls go for the emo thing these days, so it should be alright.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Man, I still remember when you were posting about getting custody of him from your ex... Here's a sad post about when you had only temporary custody and had to take him back: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...693#post261693

I think you posted a few times about getting sole custody, but darn if I can find that thread. You are a prolific thread starter though in the Gen Disc.

Come to think of it Barry, a lot of your life has been posted on these boards, worrying about teaching your son to drive, your first date with your current wife, your mom's colon cancer and her passing, your engagement and wedding, and the whole ordeal with getting your son. Life, death, love, growth, charity - we've been witnesses to some of your worst and best times it seems, and it's been quite an honor to share in your life. I'm sure your son hitting adulthood will go well, he has a great example.
    You have me in tears JT, thanks for revieving that for me. The funny thing is later that same summer, just a few weeks after he started school in Florida, his mom called me back and told me I had to come back down to get him. I did, and he's pretty much lived with me ever since. I did have a time where he went down for the summer and his mother told me I needed to send more money to get him back. I sent everything I had left in my account. He was sent back, but when it came to the next summer, my own son did not want to fly back down after that ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Girls go for the emo thing these days, so it should be alright.
    My son is so anti emo. But he has a girlfriend now, and she makes him happy from what I can tell. They both went to the show last night. He probably spent the night (more than likely with her) and since he's 18, and she's 19 I just pray that he makes wise decisions. I can only suggest and preach, he has to follow.