Page 122 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1462
    April 18th, 2013 We had rain all day yesterday, overnight, and still more rain today. Some roads have become inpassable. I had to call into work today, because the only road in or out of the Wal-Mart parking lot was flooded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0418130648-00.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	27345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0418130712-00.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	27346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3578.jpg 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	27347  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

My son, who is a meteorology major at the University of Oklahoma, was out storm chasing with fellow students yesterday. I'd say they were successful! This was part of Mr. Frett's weather event, as well. A system of thunderstorms stretched from Texas to the Great Lakes, yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Storm 4=17=13.jpg 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	27348  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Uh, it was partly cloudy in the 70s and the winds had some strong gusts today. I will leave with my "bad weather" post now. :skulksaway:
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    April 18th, 2013 We had rain all day yesterday, overnight, and still more rain today. Some roads have become inpassable. I had to call into work today, because the only road in or out of the Wal-Mart parking lot was flooded.
    Holy crackers! Just reading it, it sounds like such a little thing, "the road to work had some water", but DAAAAANG! Seeing is believing. Next time you don't feel like going into work, maybe you can forward them those photos and see if they take your word.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    My son, who is a meteorology major at the University of Oklahoma, was out storm chasing with fellow students yesterday. I'd say they were successful! This was part of Mr. Frett's weather event, as well. A system of thunderstorms stretched from Texas to the Great Lakes, yesterday.
    Crazy! I'm surprised you weren't freaking out knowing your kid had been in that.

Yesterday it was upper 70s and breezy at Disneyland where I went for lunch. Today is sunny and clear again, will be in the upper 70s/low 80s, and not so breezy so I think I'm gonna hit the pool when the temperature gets up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Crazy! I'm surprised you weren't freaking out knowing your kid had been in that.
    Actually, he and his compadres are extremely safety minded. When they chase (and chase in the operative word, not intercept), they are armed with real-time radar via the internet plus the training and know-how they are learning in their meteorology classes. What I do worry about are the looky-loo amateurs who don't pay attention to the road who create the danger. When my son goes out, there is a designated driver whose sole duty is to watch the road and traffic, and navigator who plots the course they need while chasing. The others are watching radar who feed info to the navigator as to the movements of the storm(s).

Here is a video my son posted on YouTube of his chase (see post above). It's a time-lapse taken with a GoPro. Check the rotation of the clouds. Somewhere in there is a rain-wrapped tornado, meaning there's so much rain and clouds around the funnel of the tornado that it can't be seen visually, but only on radar. Also check out towards the end of the video just how dark it gets due to the density of the storm clouds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOyNjakkwnI

BTW: My son's the one in the red hat (on backwards) at the beginning of the video; bottom of the screen, right.

As for the weather here: clear, sunny, and mid-80s.

As for the weather here: clear, sunny, and mid-80s.
    I second that description. With some smokey conditions from freeways fires nearby; a miracle no one was hurt.

Back to the 80s, with some wind (no more fires, there's always earth).

Rare thunderstorms this evening. Even a posting on You Tube about a "tornado". It's actually a gustnado, and we'll leave all the technical jargon out and just say it's spurred on by the outflow of the storm and not tornadic rotation. Wish we had more rain, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXuQT...ature=youtu.be

Rain last night into this morning has given way to a sunny 70-degree day.

Cool video! I've seen little spouts in the LA area from time to time like that, but that one looked more impressive than most seen in California.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, that is an awesome photo there TeeEye! Today it is in the 70's and perfect, unless you assemble bikes for a living like I do, and the job stress slowly makes you wish for snow.

BTW, I am currently at the Public Library, as my home computers hard drive is shot. I have a friend extracting data, like pictures, from it. I purchased a new unit with ten times the memory than my old computer had.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!