Page 24 of 148 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    We might get some thunderstorms today or tonight, which is how several CA wildfires have started in the past. Here's to hoping not. :fingerscrossed: Still supposed to be in the low to mid 90s, though.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Fifth consecutive day of 100º+ weather.

Most of the hot air is originating from Sacramento.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Since it seems that the forecasted possible storms may stay away, I plan to get my car washed today. Still low '90s for today, with some occasional clouds.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Might crack 80 after yesterday not even making it to 70. There is some big high pressure system sitting on the Great Lakes covering everything with clouds from Hudson Bay to Tennessee to here in Iowa all the way to the Atlantic. I just want the winds to die down. 20+mph sustained winds is no fun while biking.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

A little warmer today with more sun than yesterday. Still very pleasant.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Since it seems that the forecasted possible storms may stay away, I plan to get my car washed today.
    And so I did, but I chose the wrong lane, as four other cars (three of which came in after me) got done before mine. The car in front of me had a mound (literally) of trash taken out BEFORE they started vacuuming it (cigarette packs, plastic bottles, balled-up paper, etc.). Hope they charged them extra for that.

103ºF at present.

BTW: today is the official beginning of "Monsoon Season" for the Southwestern US; (AZ, CA, NM, NV) courtesy of the Gulf of California.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Mid to upper 70s, beautiful and clear.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The weather around me is mid 60's to low 70's. It's a great weekend to be in Perth, Australia!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!