Page 38 of 150 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Not a big deal to most members here, but seeing a dusting of snow on the foothills of the Southern Sierra mountains from yesterday's winter storm is good news for our thirsty state! It (thankfully) means much more in the higher elevations.

This is looking east from my house looking into the Kern River Canyon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dec2009 Snow 005 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	22110  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

On the way to school this morning, it was a brisk 27 degrees. Nice! (sort of ) No rain, but rain is predicted to return in a few days.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Collllllllllld!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Collllllllllld!
    50's?

In my neck of the woods we got about 6 ish inches of heavy wet snow overnight, another 2-3 are expected to fall this afternoon. Thankfully the storm fell on a day that I have off so I don't have to be out driving in it. Although I wanted to run (still might) I think I'll have to settle for dusting off the snowshoes instead.

Right now it's a cold, slushy mess out there! In about 3 hours, we're supposed to get hit with a severe winter storm and have a foot of snow by the morning... I think I may be closing shop early today!

[FONT=Courier New]It's 12. 9 in Beaverton (about 10 miles from my office). Dry, with clear skies.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    50's?

In my neck of the woods we got about 6 ish inches of heavy wet snow overnight, another 2-3 are expected to fall this afternoon. Thankfully the storm fell on a day that I have off so I don't have to be out driving in it. Although I wanted to run (still might) I think I'll have to settle for dusting off the snowshoes instead.
    Yes, 50s. It's about acclimation, and it's why so many folks move to SoCal from other parts of the country. When 50 is cold and 85 is hot, that means 72 is normal.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It was a "warm" 32 today, although the wind brought that down to the mid teens.

[FONT=Courier New]According to the reader board I passed on my way back to the office an hour ago, it's warmed up to a balmy 33, but the weather widget on my computer's desktop says 28.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Gray skies today. It looks like it's going to rain, but it hasn't thus far. I don't know if it can or will either.

Whenever it does, many of us in California will complain "There's something wrong with the sunshine! Can we get maintainance to fix that?"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.