Page 43 of 141 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    60, raining, looks like it's going to be this from yesterday until February.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    60, raining, looks like it's going to be this from yesterday until February.
    Of what year?

Earthquakes, mudslides, riots, smog, drive-bys, rolling blackouts, falling home prices... all wimps. But bring in some water from the skies... oh my gosh! What'll we do?!?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Glad to have temps in the mid to high 30's and low 40's here in Albany, NY. Some wet snow last night, but it didn't really stick around.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Of what year?

Earthquakes, mudslides, riots, smog, drive-bys, rolling blackouts, falling home prices... all wimps. But bring in some water from the skies... oh my gosh! What'll we do?!?
    Judging by the reactions of my fellow Los Angelinos, the proper response is to drive fast and stop short, intending to plow into other cars and then look confused at the results.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes. It is raining (medium strength) in San Diego. Perhaps our winter has finally arrived. It is still in the 60's outside but rain is wet. It's like made out of water.

And there's wind, too.

In California we have a name for this event: I think this is El Nino.

More people just refer to it as "sucking," though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

El Nino is a specific weather pattern that occurs every 5 years or so based on a specific pattern of Pacific ocean temperature shifts. Seems like it got heavily publicized in the media during the '90s and now every storm is blamed on El Nino. That said, this one actually may be El Nino-related, but it could just be a regular storm. It appears that it may lighten up by the end of the week, then another, weaker storm system will come in next week and drop a little more rain, but predictions are that it'll clear up to more pleasant weather at the last few days of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's like made out of water.
    That's one of the most profound statements I've heard in a long time! :impressed:
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It was actually really nice this morning (at the time of this post it's 6:45am on the 20th so that makes it 5pm on the 19th on the east coast) which is a welcome change as it's been biting cold for the past few weeks. Hopefully the rest of the day is nice so I can open up my sliding doors for some fresh air when I get off work.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Judging by the reactions of my fellow Los Angelinos, the proper response is to drive fast and stop short, intending to plow into other cars and then look confused at the results.
    Gotta love the surprise. "Wait, you mean I SHOULDN'T drive the same crazy, selfish way when it's wet, windy, icy, foggy?"

I only saw two flashing red lights on the road today, due to accidents; that's not too bad for here, actually.

We were under lockdown for about 20-25 minutes in class today, with the tornado watch danger. It passed, and the kids were let go to their next class.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Gotta love the surprise. "Wait, you mean I SHOULDN'T drive the same crazy, selfish way when it's wet, windy, icy, foggy?"
    No, it's definitely not the same manner, it's worsened.