Page 75 of 147 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
    [FONT=Courier New]45-55, cloudy, rainy, blah. Flooding in parts of the state, but none of that here in Portland.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I am looking forward to weeks 2 and/or 3 of February when we (typically for as long as I can remember) should have a few days of 60-70 degree sunny weather.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, the annoying upper 70s temps and clear blue skies are so frustrating. I mean, I'd much rather be huddling for warmth and shoveling snow and forgetting what the color blue looks like.
    Please see attached image below.

Anyways, sleet and freezing rain all day today. It took me 20 minutes to dig my car out of the ice this morning. Currently 23º F where I'm at (13º with wind chill) and I've been watching big 4-wheel drive trucks skidding out on the road in front of my house all day. I'm starting to think that I probably shouldn't risk the 10 mile drive into work this evening, especially in my little Chevy Cavalier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-27-12125934208547.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	24462  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

We are getting hammered down here with snow. It's let up a little, but a cold wind then another front is on the way with another dump of snow. Doesn't happen often enough down here as you can testify to Big B, but it is welcome.

It's on it's way north-east. I don't think I could handle what you guys get for too long.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Low single digits with the wind chill, its supposed to get down into the -20's tonight. We got 8ish inches of snow. Thankfully I'm not in the Milwaukee/Chicago area where they got hammered!

Yeah, we just got clobbered by that last blizzard... our first major snowstorm this winter. We got about 15 cm of heavy snow in total. No ice or snow accumulations like the poor folks in Illinois got, luckily for us.

On the other side of the world, my family in Cairns, Australia are getting pummelled by Cyclone Yasi... we're waiting to hear from them.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Very heavy gusts of wind, with a SoCal wind-chill factor of perhaps 10-15 degrees lower. But since there's no snow or rain, and a high of upper 50s here, I am not allowed to complain (without being beaten senseless by a snowblower or shovel).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

16º F outside right now, with the low expected to reach -2º tonight.

I did brave the weather to go in to work last night, even though I still had to leave an hour early and I made it in to work with only minutes to spare. The snow didn't really get any worse today, so I guess I have no excuse not to go in to work tonight.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

We got about a good 2 feet of snow here in the Chicagoland area. Entire shopping malls were closed. I spent a nice chunk of the last two days trying to keep my driveway cleared.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0089.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	24478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0102.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	24479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0118.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	24480  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Bobafrett, I do not envy you at all. What a mess!! We were fortunate here. Nebraska was far enough north and west that we missed out pretty much on the snow and ice. We did get some nasty wind chills, but I've seen worse.

Clear (albeit with a little bit of haze), sunny, and 67ºF. Typical SoCal "winter" day.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!