Page 77 of 152 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
    Supposed to rain most of today, with t-storms possible; high of only mid-40s. Maybe even snow as low as 500 ft. (that would be a few miles south of me). The foothills are dusted with powder now (when the clouds clear to view 'em).

edit: here's the hail... a precursor to snow?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb2011 Hail.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	24590  
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 02-26-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    "That's what Sheev said."

It was clear and about 20 all day long, but now its snowing 'pretty good.' :wonderingifthiswillbethelastmeasureablesnowfallof theseasonornot:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This was how it looked in my area today:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	February Snow 2011 009.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	24594  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

TI, what is the average elevation of those hills/mountains there? The ones I've previously picture posted (shout-out to alliteration fans! ) north of us have a high of about 8700, so they're about 7000-8000 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    TI, what is the average elevation of those hills/mountains there? The ones I've previously picture posted (shout-out to alliteration fans! ) north of us have a high of about 8700, so they're about 7000-8000 ft.
    The photo I posted above is considered the foothills of the Southern Sierra Nevadas, locally known as the Greenhorn Mountains. Pictured, I would estimate are around the 2,500 ft. level. However, as you travel east, the elevation quickly changes (refer to the range behind the foothills with the snow). Sunday Peak is the highest point in the mountain range reaching around 8,300 ft. I would guess that the average height there, though, would be around 4,500 ft. Views like this are a well-kept secret of my much-maligned little town. Even many locals have no idea of these views on "The Hill" where I live. They're content to live their flat land existence.

BTW: In the center of the photo is the entrance to the Kern River Canyon. World class white river rafting available there. Olympic kayakers have trained there, too.

This weekend is supposed to be an anomaly; mid- to upper-70s, sunny and clear. Tonight it's to change for the first part of the week: cooler, chance of rain, some breezes.

Yesterday was wonderful but today is cloudy and we've had a trace of rain so far.

[edit] ...and it's gotten substantially cooler. Thank you weather systems originating from the Gulf of Alaska.

Today it hit 40 although it was only supposed to be about 36. Overnight its supposed to rain/snow all day tomorrow. Yeah spring in Wisconsin! :sarcasism:

It was 74 at noon today, slight breeze, clear. Supposed to stay in low 70s for much of the next week.

60ºF now with high overcast diffusing the sun making the things uncomfortably glary.