Page 86 of 140 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
    Bakersfield was mentioned several times on our weather yesterday, TI, for "dry lightning" storms and brush fires.

Last two mornings: low clouds; which makes for milder temps and a better start to the day, so it doesn't begin warm/hot and end up blazing.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

We're supposed to get another dose today as well. Air quality is horrific! Smoke everywhere!

At last count firefighters are battling an estimated 50 brush fires in the county now. "Luckily", they just finished putting out an 18,000+ acre fire in one of our mountain communities, to all the resources are still here: personnel, trucks, aerial equipment, etc. I hope they get a handle on it soon. My house reeks of the smell and will for days!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Temps were in the high 80's today, tomorrow they'll be in the low 60's and get colder during the week. Goodbye Indian summer?

Awesome light show this morning driving in to work: lightning (flashes AND bolts). Humid, but no rain, cloudy to trap the heat well.

I dont' know if this became national news or not but a wildfire in Northern Minnesota has been going for nearly a month and a few days ago we could smell the smoke from it...and I'm 400ish miles away. I saw sat. photos and it was pretty crazy.

Ahh! The first signs of "California Fall"! Mid-80's, low humidity, and breezy! The sun is noticeably not as intense as summertime, now as well.

Best, the wild fires are out and the air quality is much improved. No more chunks when you breathe in....

Very "thick" air, quite humid, close to 100, cloudy. Looks like it could rain in the mountains; doubtful here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Very "thick" air, quite humid, close to 100, cloudy. Looks like it could rain in the mountains; doubtful here.
    Ditto. What a difference a few days make! We hit 100 yesterday and 101º predicted for today.

Tomorrow's supposed to be "only" 84; a welcome drop. Great looking sunsets and sunrises lately, with the clouds.

Tremendous lightning show tonight! Reminded me of when I lived in New Orleans. Could have done without the dust and rain combo, though...mud specks all over the cars....