Page 115 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1523
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I am so happy! Not that this has been about a week without a heater functioning in the mornings (and it was low-30s outside this morning, below 60 in the house). But that I am honored with post #1138 in this thread! it really warms my heart... and I need that warmth.
    Congrats, sorry to hear about your otherwise chilly reception

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    That would have been awesome, JT! Especially after all of these years!
    The trip home only takes about an hour extra going that route. It's really not that bad. Nice scenery enhanced with the new snow on the mountains!
    Yeah it would. Keep us in the loop next time you're thinking of heading down.

It seems like such a far way out of the way, but I see you're right, only about 30 miles difference, it looks so much more dramatic on the map.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Super windy (apparently knocked out the power at my house after I left for work), which gave us a legitimate wind chill (probably around 25 or lower this morning).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Lovely today, 70 and sunny, not windy yet. Apparently it's going to warm up to upper 70s tomorrow and Friday, but with heavy winds, before both settle down through the weekend. I'm hoping to get in some swimming before the temp remembers it's winter again, but the winds will need to calm first.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The sprinklers seem to be working fine; they're fine, they're all fine now, thank you. How're you?
    Getting upper 70s with breezes this weekend; nice change.
    "That's what Sheev said."

COLD and WINDY. The high today was about 15, I don't know what the winds were but I do know they were whipping pretty good all day long. Tomorrow's high is looking to be a robust 3.

Gorgeous day in LA! Clear, breezy, and almost 80 degrees!

Unfortunately, we were in Culver City for a funeral (my wife's great uncle) and couldn't enjoy it much. Had to return over the hill home, about 100 miles north, to light fog and a temp about 30 degrees cooler....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It's upper 70s, I'm about to hit the pool again for the second day in a row, then do some sun bathing. In January. Hopefully some of my sexy neighbors of various ethnicities will be there as well to help make Dr. King's vision a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The sprinklers seem to be working fine; they're fine, they're all fine now, thank you. How're you?
    Getting upper 70s with breezes this weekend; nice change.
    See, when you say that, all I can picture is Luke and Han in stormtrooper outfits in a frenzy shooting all your sprinkler heads.

Gorgeous day in LA! Clear, breezy, and almost 80 degrees!

Unfortunately, we were in Culver City for a funeral (my wife's great uncle) and couldn't enjoy it much. Had to return over the hill home, about 100 miles north, to light fog and a temp about 30 degrees cooler....
    Sorry to hear you were in my city for only a sad event. Was it at Holy Cross, or Hillside Park?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sorry to hear you were in my city for only a sad event. Was it at Holy Cross, or Hillside Park?
    Hillside, for my wife's side of the family. We're one of those marriages! Variety rules! Her family is nice to tolerate this Lutheran boy!

Hillside, for my wife's side of the family. We're one of those marriages! Variety rules! Her family is nice to tolerate this Lutheran boy!
    Oy vey! That's cool, a good family is a blended family, IMO, rather than just all the same thing. Sorry once again we didn't get together though, you were just 2 miles south of my house this time.

And now off to the pool!

Blended family, indeed! I come from a Prostestant-Catholic union, my wife from a Sephardic-Ashkenazi union. Talk about religious diversity!

"Back in the day", our parents raised eyebrows in their respective families at the time; just as Mrs. TI7 and I did!