Page 124 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1483
    Today is supposed to begin a series of "extreme heat warnings" here: 100+ for at least the next three days. I sure hope this series gets cancelled.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Hot and humid, and hot. Luckily the new-to-me car has AC, and my mom's place in Hollywood was outside the zone where the DWP accidentally cut power to 2000 residents.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

In a word: nasty!

99º at noon o'clock with a dew point in the 60s.

[edit] 105º for the high today...
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It's uncomfortable here in San Diego maybe only because I'm being told I should feel uncomfortable.

I have all the windows open and the a/c is not triggered. I have it set to turn on if it gets over 80, but the temp seems to be 77.

I think I'm hungry. That must be it.

I'm working on my novel and I'm just having coffee.

If I eat, I'm sure I'll feel better.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The heat wave continues: 101ºF at 11:30 AM....

Right now in Culver City, it's a nice 75 and light clouds, humidity is 64% after yesterday's lovely 45% (to offset the unpleasant 90 degrees) and reading even higher indoors, but it feels alright so far. It's expected to get up another 9 degrees but the humidity will fall 10% to offset that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's uncomfortable here in San Diego maybe only because I'm being told I should feel uncomfortable.

I have all the windows open and the a/c is not triggered. I have it set to turn on if it gets over 80, but the temp seems to be 77.

I think I'm hungry. That must be it.

I'm working on my novel and I'm just having coffee.

If I eat, I'm sure I'll feel better.
    I didn't find it uncomfortable that day in your neck of the woods, the Town & Country resort in Mission Valley was pleasant enough outside. It was humid though, I had forgotten my pocket comb and had to suffer the early stages of jewfro.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    GILCHRIST!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Humid and hot: clouds make it misleading that it won't be too hot out, still mid-90s today.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    We topped out at 110ºF for the day. I think we need to change our city's name to Phoenix....

Sunny and 70 degrees right now, looking to get up to 80 today.

High 70's with a nice breeze. Sometimes its nice to live less then a mile from 20% of the worlds fresh water.