Page 127 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1404

Outdoors, it's quite pleasant (low-80s, some clouds at times), slight breezes. But inside my classroom, due to a damaged a/c motor: ugh. I've lost 2 pounds in the past 2 days, mainly from lost sweat, I'd wager.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Buster Poindexter, Buster Poindexter, Buster Poindexter! Almost at the level of the Lachey boy band.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Almost at the level of the Lachey boy band.
    We've been flirting with triple digits as well. It looks like we will be successful in achieving that today, unfortunately.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

101ºF before noon today. Monsoony, too! Great way to start the new school year.

Great lightning show over the Sierras last night....

[edit] We ended up with a high of 108º with high winds in the afternoon courtesy of a storm which developed over the mountains. A few snapped power poles, broken branches, dust, and tumble weeds EVERYWHERE! Smoky air thanks to several lightning strike fires from the night before in the mountains. As an added bonus, a rock/mud slide covering the river canyon road from a healthy downpour generated by the storm (no precip in the valley). Looks like a long commute for the mountain dwellers needing to come into the valley tomorrow.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

We had whole-sky lightning flashes this morning, too. Humid today, low-90s, but no precipitation down here (mountains, yes).

We had a few raindrops, but it was super humid (near 90s, not much breeze at all).

For decades, I have lamented that places in the US under water or in flood/heavy rain conditions cannot send via pipeline to places on fire or in drought conditions. I hope Yosemite (and the firefighters there) can survive.