Page 134 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1458
    It's 72 and clear right now, I'm about to pick up my niece and take her swimming here at the pool while I get a tan.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's 2:30 in the afternoon in central Illinois and the high is -6 F. I think it was -11 last night. All I know is that it took me about an hour to dig my car out of the snow this morning and I have no running water in my house because all my pipes are frozen.

Currently -6 F and we reached the -17 mark last night as well; but it's supposed to warm up to a balmy 24 F this afternoon.

EDIT: I went in to my job at DQ this morning; but got sent home because all of their water pipes froze last night and we had no running water in the entire store. Which means we couldn't serve sodas or shakes, wash dishes or even wash our hands (which is kinda important if you're cooking food for people). So they shut the whole store down. I think they are hoping things thaw out by this afternoon, because they are reopening at 4 PM, but I shouldn't have to go back in to work today.

Ugh, that's awful. Here it's really bad too, we only spent 2 hours in the pool yesterday due to light cloud cover.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I spent 2 hours in the pool yesterday, too. I'm still trying to get feeling back in my fingers and toes.

I was at work last night and I realized that it was warmer in our big, walk-in freezer than it was outside.

Currently 14 F outside now. Supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow. It's funny when below-freezing temperatures feel like a warm spell.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, that's awful. Here it's really bad too, we only spent 2 hours in the pool yesterday due to light cloud cover.
    I only made it a half hour...although that was inside at my workout club and I was running in the pool.

Today: high of 8, low of -10

Currently 30 F and supposed to reach a high of 43 tomorrow and 52 by Sunday. At this rate, I'm going to have to hook my air conditioner back up.

Seriously, whatever happened to that whole "global warming" thing? I had such high hopes for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Seriously, whatever happened to that whole "global warming" thing? I had such high hopes for that.
    Ever since they globally changed the term to "climate change," it's gotten colder. Weather extremes is what we'll have (even dryer, even colder, even hotter, even floodier, etc.) from now on.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(