Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Big Slip Up, Georgie!

I know it's really obvious to us, but on the Audio comentary of the Phantom Menace, when Darth Sidious apeers for the first time as a hologram on the Trade Federation Control ship, George Lucas says something along the lines of "that is how we saw him for the first time on The Empire Strikes Back", but as far as we're concerned Palpatine and Sidious are two different people.

Ha Ha, gotcha George!

Only from a certain point of view...

He could also mean as in the individual who was behind it all. Palpy was the ONE behind it all in ESB, and Siddy was behind it E1, so only from a certain point of view could that be considered evidence.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What the hell are you talking about?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Palpatine = Sidious
    Dooku = Tyranus

The Sith are taking over the galaxy while acting as the leaders of warring galactic factions. The role of duality is essential, especially to represent the massive amount of manipulation occurring on multiple sides.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Wull, y'see, it's like my Momma used to tell me - 'life is like a box o' chocolates'.........

HEHEHE!

How can they not be the same person, they both wear the same brooch for gods sake! Everybody knows that you NEVER EVER lend out your cloak brooch, so it has to be Palpatine on the bridge of the trade feds ship in hologram and also with Mauly Maul. And the cloaks are made from the same cloth and they both have that dimple in their chins and - they're both played by the same guy and they're both the same height and they both have the same voice and they both.... no, can't think of another one.

Um, why is this such a big deal again?
    Scooobydoo, where are you!!!

Jek, what I mean is, Lucas could've actually been refering to Sidious as the main character behind everything as Palpatine was the character behind everything in the original trilogy and not necassarialy have been refering to Sidious as Palpatine.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

this is no slip up. lucas is stating the obvious. sideous is palpatine.plain and simple.

Originally posted by derek
    this is no slip up. lucas is stating the obvious. sideous is palpatine.plain and simple.
    This is only a slip up to people who can't see the obvious.

I like to look past the obvious, into the complex, which seems to be hard for several.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    Palpatine = Sidious
    Dooku = Tyranus
    Enough Said...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.