Not MicroMachines, but pretty durn cool nonetheless

ok...since there hasn't been any news, new toys, pictures, posts or really anything going on here in such a very long time, I thought I'd make good on a long past promise for some pictures, though admittedly not the ones I had promised...

anyway, i took a random trip by a local comic book shop and found what many of us old guard constantly placed on our "dream micros" list: the Moldy Crow!

it's part of the Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game...specifically, the X-Wing:HWK-290 Expansion Pack...and it's a bit pricey ($14.95+tax at my local shop), but it's dang cool and certainly fills the micro machines vacuum both in terms of a beautifully crafted mold and in size

below are some pics...brought along a Galoob Maquis Raider for size/detail comparison purposes...

enjoy!

Ross W. Jarvis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	28330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	28331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	28332Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	28333
    Great Traders - cloneemperor, Val Da Car, Kidhuman
    Sorely Missed - R2Dee2 & Vulcantouch

Howdy again folks! (listening for the crickets)

Ok, so continuing this particular idea, here's what is slated to be released by Fantasy Flight Games later this month. (no, I do not work for, and am in no way affiliated with Fantasy Flight Games...I just think these are very cool)

Name:	SWX18.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	28337

The following is a link to their other expansion packs. Some of them have already been released (the HWK a.k.a. Moldy Crow is detailed above) and some are yet to be released. Many we've already seen in one form or another, but the Tie Phantom, I think, is unique to this particular line.

Fantasy Flight Games Expansion Packs

Happy Hunting (for those who still do)

Ross

How did I miss that first post? That Moldy Crow looks amazing! These come painted that way? That looks great. $15 is steep if you're not into the game; I see it comes with a stand, dial, tokens, and cards, so I can sorta see how it could get near that price if you're into the game though.

I tell you what though, even without that paint, if Hasbro or anybody goes back to Micro Machines-scale plastic vehicles, they NEED to give every ship a paint wash, it brings out this thing's details so well! Worth the price, I guarantee it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I preordered the TIE defender, TIE phantom, E-wing, and Z95 headhunter from BBTS a while back and am looking forward to them coming in. I was hoping they'd be titanium sized, but I guess mm size will have to do. I'm looking forward to the disney diecast ships this fall.

Heya! Welcome back!

Honestly, they're somewhere in between MM and Titanium size. The length on the HWK-290 is more in line with some of the smaller Titaniums than it is with the MM line. An MM is what I happened to have on hand.

In the X-wing line, after taking a closer look at what's been released so far (Tie Bomber, Tie Advanced, X-wing, A-wing), they seem to lean more toward the MM line, but are definitely larger and in ALL cases, better detailed.

I think you'll be pleased. I fully intend (as funding allows) to get the Phantom and the E-wing (maybe 2). You'll have to post on here how the Z95 and Defender are. I'm sort of "on the fence" about those given the price-point.

What Disney die-cast ships are you talking about? Have I missed something?

Ross

They're doing a line this fall. Details are near the bottom of the page linked in the last sentence. Apparently, their similar in size to the diecast ones I had as a kid in the late 70's early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I preordered the TIE defender, TIE phantom, E-wing, and Z95 headhunter from BBTS a while back and am looking forward to them coming in.
    I just pre-ordered the E-wing and Phantom today. REALLY hoping they are as nice as the HWK-290.

I was hoping they'd be titanium sized, but I guess mm size will have to do. I'm looking forward to the disney diecast ships this fall.
    Attached are some comparison pics of the HWK-290 and a couple of Titaniums for the sake of reference. Hope this helps out a bit.

Name:	photo 1[1].jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	28342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2[1].jpg 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	28343

Ross

They're doing a line this fall. Details are near the bottom of the page linked in the last sentence. Apparently, their similar in size to the diecast ones I had as a kid in the late 70's early 80's.
    Oh wow, that is fantastic! Those ESB-era Die Casts were fantastic for their time, just the right size, and these look great too, so hopefully without Hasbro's out-of-control overhead there will be room to keep these costs relatively reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by RJarvis View Post
    Attached are some comparison pics of the HWK-290 and a couple of Titaniums for the sake of reference. Hope this helps out a bit.

Name:	photo 1[1].jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	28342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2[1].jpg 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	28343

Ross
    Oh, you're just showing off your customs. Nice work.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ross