On request from JediTricks here’s a review of 8008 Technic Stormtrooper:

The Box:

As in the case with my 8007 Technic C-3PO my sample once again came in a thick cardboard box without the inner “tray” that are common in what I call “seal boxes issues” and it seems that LEGO has gone for this option of lowbudget boxes.

The instruction booklet:

Is in full color and 92 pages long and takes you through building the left and right leg, torso, head and finally the arms on pages 2 to 64 while pages 66 to 91 once again takes you through building some vehicle or spaceship that LEGO has come up with.

Parts and construction:

Parts come in four sealed plastic bags with pictures on them for each step building the kit and the instruction is pretty much clear on all points and easy to follow and shouldn’t cause any problems for any LEGO Star Wars fan(-atic) if care is taken. Also included in the kit is a small decal sheet with one decal to improve details on one of the plates on the back of the figure but once again it should have been printed on the part instead.

The figure itself:

Well... The Stormtrooper is kind of stiff just like C-3PO and just as you’ve seen him in pictures but after building it and then seeing it in three dimension I must say I that I like him a whole lot as it looks better on the shelf then on pictures. The helmet that’s made out of pieces is rather cleverly done even if a “one-piece-helmet” like the one that was made for 8010 Technic Darth Vader would have looked much better indeed but the one you get looks pretty okay to me at least. As most know the Stormtrooper can interact with 8007 C-3PO by shooting the later to pieces with his lilipop like ammo that shoots away like a missile but this feature once again didn’t impress on me at all as it once again is rather silly and made for kids. One thing that definitely could have been done to the Stormtrooper is to “Beef” his legs up a bit just like the legs are done for 8010 Technic Darth Vader but the ones you get are pretty much okay anyway. Out of all the droids and “human” beings in the LEGO Star Wars Technic line the Stormtrooper is one of the better of them (even if some things could have been done better though) so therefore I’ll give him a total amount of four out of five lightsaber’s for being better then I thought it was.

Now remember people that this is just my personal opinion...

Kindest Regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

By the Way... Now all I’ve got to do is to buy another Stormtrooper to make a “Sandtrooper” out of even if it’s just one piece that’s the difference between them... LOL