Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Ships

Star Trek Ships

A pic of the new Hot Wheels packaging for their 1:50 scale Star Trek ships: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._2044_19359809
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Cool!

I'm looking forward to Diamond's Enterprise D hitting soon.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

That doesn't look so bad, but I'm guessing it's fairly small based on the ridges inside the tray.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the pic, Blue... I'm still liking the ship design and its karaoke microphone engines. I'm guessing these'll be Furuta-sized... a wee bit bigger than JL. Paint looks good to me...
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Trek ship pics

Found a few higher rez pics of the new HW ships:

Looks like they're doing some repaints, too... I've seen a "battle-damaged" 1701A and BOP, and the USS Saratoga's listed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTP8509lg.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	19795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTP8511lg.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	19796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTP8513lg.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	19797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTP8512lg.jpg 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	19798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTP8514lg.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	19799  

A few other Trek ship products... check out the "Romulan Narada" ship! WTF!?!?!

Looks like a peacock got caught in a mulching lawn mower!

Name:	narada.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	19800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTM6342Alg.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	19801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Enterprise2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	19802  

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Found a few higher rez pics of the new HW ships:

Looks like they're doing some repaints, too... I've seen a "battle-damaged" 1701A and BOP, and the USS Saratoga's listed.
    Hmm, I wonder which Saratoga. There's the Saratoga in TVH that is a Miranda-class with the "roll-bar" (as people tend to call it) like the Reliant, and then there's Sisko's Saratoga that had no bar.

I have to say, I'm liking the look of the ships as well as the stands. Granted, for a thin ship the stands look a bit overbearing and ugly, but they look like they'll be just as sturdy several decades later as they were fresh out of the package. I'm just going to hold off excitement until we get ships some unique ships instead of the same old stuff.

Plus, I'm a bit ticked that it's yet another Klingon Bird of Prey that can't raise it's bloody wings. Did Galoob find the ONLY person that ever thought of including this feature? Granted, it was on their second go at a K-BoP, but it's such an entertaining feature that it really should have been standard after that.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks for the pics. Kinda standard toyetics on the HW pieces, sculpt and deco, but not shabby (unless they're over $6). The stands are way too big, that's so true.

Peacock caught in a mulcher, great way to look at it. Seems like another extension of the Nemesis aesthetic - crappy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Galoob Ferengi Battleship prototype

This looks kewl but the starting bid's $350 on eBay.... puh-leeze.

Galoob Star Trek "FERENGI" Battleship Prototype. Size is 6 inches long. This prototype was shown at the New York Toy Fair in 1989 and was also pictured in the 1989 Galoob Catalog. Toy Fair showroom photos can be provided upon request to authenticate this prototype. There is a minor damage to one decal, as shown in one of the photos, otherwise this beauty is in excellent condition. This is a rare item. A SIMILAR PIECE WAS PREVIOUSLY SOLD IN 1998 for $749. The Blister Card shown in the photo is INCLUDED in this auction. The Blister Card is a first-run print and the rear of the card is blank. This prototype is hand-made of cold cast resin using rubber molds, and hand-painted in fine detail. Prototypes are fragile and should be handled with care. The decals (if any) are extremely delicate. Some decals (INTs) are made of wax base and can easily be rubbed off. Prototypes should NOT be handled with dirty, wet or hot hands. Great collector's item

Looks like a legit and nicely done Marauder to me... nicer than Furuta's... shame it never made it to production. Didn't realise it was an "enemy starship" 'til now... quake with fear, puny earthlings.

It's just not in my operating budget for this month... whoever paid $749 is gonna be so ****ed...

Name:	ferengi1.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	19849   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferengi2.JPG 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	19850   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferengi3.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	19851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferengi4.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	19852  

Interesting find. It's a very good sculpt, but VERY handmade even in the tight lines. I actually remember seeing it in the catalog, but the small shot made it look less... um, bad. The price isn't unreasonable, I guess, but no way I'd be spending anything approaching that price for it. And it's SO easy to fake.