Exclamation Sweden’s review of 8007 Technic C-3PO!

On request from JediTricks here’s a review of 8007 Technic C-3PO:

The Box:

I don’t know if it’s standard for the Technic Star Wars kits but my sample came in a thick cardboard box without the inner “tray” that are common in what I call “seal boxes issues” but it seems that later LEGO releases are in these cardboard boxes.

The instruction booklet:

Is in full color and 92 pages long and takes you through building the left leg, right leg, torso, head and finally the arms on pages 2 to 60 while pages 62 to 88 takes you through building some vehicle or spaceship that LEGO has come up with.

Parts and construction:

Parts come in five sealed plastic bags with pictures on them for each step building the kit and the instruction is pretty much clear on all points accept that the “plated” parts for the right leg where in the bag for the left leg and vice versa. Anyone else encountered this? Also included in the kit is a decal sheet to improve details on the figure but they should have been printed on the parts instead and I know a whole lot of people don’t like this fact.

The figure itself:

Well... Being very stiff and being built without decals added to him C-3PO looks pretty much very awful indeed with his black and plated parts so there’s really a need to put them decals on him to make him look as good as possible. As most know C-3PO can interact with 8008 Stormtrooper and when shot by the later C-3PO’s head shoots away like a rocket while arms fall down but this feature didn’t impress on me at all as it’s rather silly and made for kids. Out of all the droids and “human” beings in the LEGO Star Wars Technic line C-3PO isn’t the best at all but I’m not too sure he could have been done better but I’ll give him three out of five lightsaber’s but that’s it.

Now remember people that this is just my personal opinion...

Kindest Regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    Last edited by Sweden; 02-21-2002 at 04:32 PM.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

Thanks for the review, I was afraid this set would be like that, so you just saved me some $$$.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking Re: Sweden’s review of 8007 Technic C-3PO!

Most welcome JT.

Kindest Regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...