Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation

I prebooked the amazing 1/6 scale John Conner from T4 over at Sideshow. $139, I thought, was pretty fair price for Movie Masterpiece series.I have Scar Predator, Kane & Dallas from Alien, Ripley & Hicks from Aliens & Kyle Reese from T1). These are IMO the best 1/6 scale on the market today(see The Joker from The Dark Knight) and worth every penny. The Christian Bale likeness is spot on(and now I can curse back at him)...I just need a T-600 to go with him. The access. are amazing. I also wish I could afford Dutch & Billy from Predator.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I ordered it as it does look good - hope they refine the head sculpt just a tad - some shots it looks like bale some not so much

I knew this would be a high price, but the $139 struck me as about $20 than I thought - but he does come with a crap load of stuff

Also, my CC was compromised using Corner Store comics - anyone use them, but check with your cc - mine had 4 fraudlent charges...
    Real men buy Willrow

We can always cancel him, too, if McG screws up the franchise too bad, and the movie stinks like rotten eggs.

Blog Entries
    I think among the best 1/6 figures today remain the Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeletons. They are UNIQUE, amazing craftsmanship, great details and awesome poseability (each finger and toe can be posed separately). I have both Regular and Battle-Damaged Endos, I also have a few other Hot Toys (or Takara, Medicom or SS) figures like Appleseed Deunan, Briareos and Tereus, HT Predator 2 BD and Machiko (and Predator 1 on pre-order) but none come even close to the Endos.

But I agree the new T-600 is really cool as well as John Connor. The T-700 looks like a rusty T-800 and comes without a weapon just with a rock as a stand (exclusive stand). And the T-800 are classic, we don't know what Salvation will bring us...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    I think among the best 1/6 figures today remain the Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeletons. They are UNIQUE, amazing craftsmanship, great details and awesome poseability (each finger and toe can be posed separately). I have both Regular and Battle-Damaged Endos, I also have a few other Hot Toys (or Takara, Medicom or SS) figures like Appleseed Deunan, Briareos and Tereus, HT Predator 2 BD and Machiko (and Predator 1 on pre-order) but none come even close to the Endos.

But I agree the new T-600 is really cool as well as John Connor. The T-700 looks like a rusty T-800 and comes without a weapon just with a rock as a stand (exclusive stand). And the T-800 are classic, we don't know what Salvation will bring us...

Man, those are awesome. Wish I got them when they hit; now, they are too much on the secondary market...
    Real men buy Willrow

Yeah, I don't have any of the endoskeletons...just Kyle Reese in his Future War gear, and I had to pick him up off ebay several years ago. I def. want that gatling gun endo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    Yeah, I don't have any of the endoskeletons...just Kyle Reese in his Future War gear, and I had to pick him up off ebay several years ago. I def. want that gatling gun endo.
    Both the regular and battle damaged Endos come with 3 weapons: small silver laser sight pistol (like the one Arnie had in T1), the plasma rifle and the bigger silver chaingun/plasma gattling gun.

When I'm going to dispaly mine I intend to dispaly the regulas Endo with the heavy chain gun and the battle damaged one with 2 plasma rifles - see the following image: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/553...oskeleton0.gif

The newer T-700 comes with no weapon alas...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Blog Entries
    I recently joined you collectors (in buying Hot Toys Terminators) at Comic Con, and have since been on this collection.

Arnold's T-800 from the first movie is pre-ordered now! He looks awesome!

I have:

From T2:

Arnold's T-800 vs. T-1000
    T-1000 as Sarah Connor (a better figure than the reg. Sarah) vs. 2nd T-1000.

From T4:

Marcus Wright vs. T-600 (battle worn exclusive with the torn face mask)
    John Connor vs. Hydrobot (from Final Battle John Connor)
    John Connor Final Battle (awaiting an enemy...*)

------------------------------------------------------------------

*I'd like to get a chrome T-800 EndoSkeleton like Hot Toys released a while ago. I will have to shop the secondary market for it, but my friend and fellow Terminator collector thinks they will re-release the chrome Endoskeleton, perhaps without accessories, representing the first Terminator.

I think they could also pack it with a half-body (legs ripped off) or ship that "accessory / half-figure" with Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn version) from the first movie to make him more "exciting." Or they can do that with Sarah from the first movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard everyone hates T3, however, the TX makes sense being a figure.

I'd also buy if Hot Toys got the Harley Davidson license to make the 1/6 scale motorcycle. You could make the police bike, too.

Anyway, these are very impressive figures. The Christian Bale likeness is really good!

JonTheJedi: where did you get Kyle Reese from the first movie, from? Oh - he is the Tech-Warrior from the future, right? I really want him "1984."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I have Robert Patrick T-1000 showing up today from BBTS...can't wait, accessories galore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    I have Robert Patrick T-1000 showing up today from BBTS...can't wait, accessories galore.
    I hope you like him. He's pretty cool.

I have to say that my favorite figures thus far have been the "T-Salvation" ones though. (I don't have the T-800 Endoskeleton but my friend Justin does.) I think the damaged skin T-600 is incredible and probably my favorite, with Marcus and Final Battle John w. Hydrobot really close behind it.

I have Arnold as the 800 from T2 (my favorite Terminator movie) but I think the new movie stuff really gets appreciated here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.