Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking I'm a "St'uncle" (step-uncle)!!!! LOL

Despite the fact that I am already an uncle to my partner's 3 nieces and 1 nephew, I became a step-uncle yesterday!! My step-brother, Franklin, and his lovely hippie-dippy wife, Maggie, had their first child! It's a little boy: August Cayce (pronounced "Casey") Malemud, 7lbs 15oz, 19.5" long!

He was one of those silly sideways babies like me and he kept Mags in labour for 17 hours. They had to use the vacuum thingy on his head to try to get him turned around. I love our little "Hoover Head"!!!

That is all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little Hoover Head.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	19762  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

But are you a wicked step uncle denying them disco access or the good fairy god uncle making benign offers he can't refuse?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I'm the silly uncle who gives his step-nephew a ridiculous nickname before he's even a full day old!!! LOL

Congratulations to you and the family! When my son was born, I saw the top of his head about 3 hours before I saw the rest of him. He came out looking like Beldar Conehead. Luckily, within 24 hours everything was moving back to the normal place.

I like the name (not that it matters what anyone but the parents think about it.) We'd been watching a lot of HBO's Rome on DVD when Blaine was born (in August) and Augustus was one of the names we (or at least I) considered. Since he's pale as a vampire, blonde haired, and blue eyed (like me,) I guess it's good we stayed away from Roman names.

Congrats JP!! Enjoy being a step-uncle!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Congrats JP. Best of luck to the new parents with the baby and dont spoil him too much.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll let them know the "geek contingent" sends their wishes!!

He's gonna be great. I always try to be the fun uncle. I remember what it was like when I was a kid and we had to visit with older relatives. Not so much fun!!! I know exactly what to do and what NOT to do!!! They always meant well, but didn't quite "get it". Fortunately, I'm just a big kid and we always have a blast.

Congrats J.P., being an uncle can be so cool! I'm just not ready to be a grandfather yet.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

[FONT=Courier New]Congrats on the new nephew![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Being the fun uncle is so awesome! One of my lifelong dreams comes true everytime I get to take my oldest nephew done the toy aisles.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have 2 nephews (one is almost 4 years old and the other will be a year old in June) and love having them over. The older one is into Star Wars and has received LOTS of SW gifts from me and the wife and look forward to more nephews (and nieces) some day. They're the reasons that I've been collecting a Clone Army all these years.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I've been a step-uncle for the last 10+ years. It's not the same when you enter into that status post-birth, I guess. Congrats on getting the "new car smell" model!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(