Ever cook with Crabmeat?

I've seen crabmeat in cans near the tunafish in the grocery store....and wondering what I could make with it? I love crab and wouldn't mind having on a more daily basis. I figure I could do something with it for maybe a sandwich, or some kind of salad? Any ideas?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Cook 2 cups of rice. I prefer a wild rice blend with a little EVOO, sherry, and garlic added to the water during cooking.

While rice is cooking preheat oven to 350

Mix up sauce:

1 cup mayo
    Curry powder
    garlic powder
    a little lemon Juice
    fresh ground pepper
    1 can of crab

Layer rice in a baking dish (9X9)
    Spread Crab over top of rice
    Put sauce on top of crab and then sprinkle everything with a little grated parmesan cheese.

Throw it in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes or so. Top will start to brown a little.

Eat.

It's going to be much better if you get the crab from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. The canned stuff beside the tuna is just not nearly as good.

I would slap some Mayo in it and some onion and peppers and make a nice salad. Slap it on some bread: yum yum
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I eat it at a restaurant on top of an Eggs Benedict. They call it the crab meat benedict and it is ever so good! They use the crab meat instead of ham, and they put it over the eggs, but under a layer of hollandaise sauce.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I just can't get past the curly hairs attached to them.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I just can't get past the curly hairs attached to them.
    Not that type of Crabs TI. I think you've been working to long finding dead people.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

OK I know it's been retired but NO Slickers Mom joke?? You guys are slipping!!
    Iso&Baws

hehe slipping
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Crabmeat Stuffed Mushrooms:

Crabmeat, breadcrumbs, alfredo sauce mixed together in a bowl (you could sprinkle italian spices in if you want)
    Large mushrooms, take the stem out, put the crabmeat mixture on the upside-down mushroom, bake (I forget how long) remove sprinkle with parmesan... vuallah!

Though I tend to use either fresh crab, or the fake crab (you know the orange and white pieces that look like crab- same taste- real fish) in the grocer deli, never tried it with canned crabmeat.

I like these. Good appitizers.

I think Slicker's Mom would even like them.
    Last edited by Blue2th; 03-14-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Slicker's Mom!
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Yes. Next question please.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane