Thread: Commtech

Commtech

Two coolest variations come from the Commtech line: Greedo with yellow pin (pretty hard to find), and the 'error' R2 w/ big head and circle pins for the 'feet'
    Real men buy Willrow

The yellow-pin knees Greedo doesn't do anything for me, it's just a minor deco change. But the big-head R2 holo Leia is easily one of the rarest and most sought-after variants of all time. I remember the insanity of those days, only a hundred or so hit the streets and the scalpers couldn't get enough, Hasbro had withdrawn the figure for what turned out to be months and months to rebuild the outer head and people were absolutely rabid over it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The yellow-pin knees Greedo doesn't do anything for me, it's just a minor deco change. But the big-head R2 holo Leia is easily one of the rarest and most sought-after variants of all time. I remember the insanity of those days, only a hundred or so hit the streets and the scalpers couldn't get enough, Hasbro had withdrawn the figure for what turned out to be months and months to rebuild the outer head and people were absolutely rabid over it.
    I agree. I love the Greedo one, but the R2 one is pretty awesome. I pulled mine out the other day and the bubble has slightly (very slightly) yellowed on my R2 variant. I am still temped to ebay it, just cause it is cool, but ultimately a minor variant. Luckily, I bought the standard issue one too...

I went thru my collection (to make room and all that), and out of 32 long comic boxes, i downsized to 22 or so - that's a 100 figures i will just donate. I was going to sell like 20 on ebay, but none of em go for anything: original Expanded universe figures, trilogos, nada....
    Real men buy Willrow

Wait, you have a big-head version? That's pretty cool! That's one of those rare figures that actually should be even more legendary than it is.

For some reason, all those R2 Holo Leia bubbles are yellowing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wait, you have a big-head version? That's pretty cool! That's one of those rare figures that actually should be even more legendary than it is.

For some reason, all those R2 Holo Leia bubbles are yellowing.
    Yeah, and the funny thing is, i got it off ebay back when they first hit. Not sure the person knew what he had....as for the yellowing: not just the R2 bubbles - my Vader one is way, way worse...

Maybe I should ebay it off before the yellow worsens the value....its a pretty cool variant...
    Real men buy Willrow

Nice get, how much did you spend for it originally then? How much do you want to get for it now? I would think now is a bad time to sell it with the market way down due to a soft economy, and POTF2 product flooding the market what with better figures on shelves now for $8 a pop, but I could be wrong. If nothing else, keep an eye out for another one selling before offering yours.

Just the Commtech bubbles are yellowing though, right? That's all I've noticed from that era. I honestly don't think you'll find points off for a yellowed bubble on yours, that's unavoidable with these figures, any that doesn't have it is tampered with or all out fake.

Nice get, how much did you spend for it originally then? How much do you want to get for it now? I would think now is a bad time to sell it with the market way down due to a soft economy, and POTF2 product flooding the market what with better figures on shelves now for $8 a pop, but I could be wrong. If nothing else, keep an eye out for another one selling before offering yours.

Just the Commtech bubbles are yellowing though, right? That's all I've noticed from that era. I honestly don't think you'll find points off for a yellowed bubble on yours, that's unavoidable with these figures, any that doesn't have it is tampered with or all out fake.
    From what I recall, I paid like $20 -$25...something like that, and I think yiou are right - now is not the best time to sell....And from what I have seen in my own personal (carded collection), the Commtech bubbles are the only ones with yellowing issues
    Real men buy Willrow

... I'm sorry, I just fainted from the price you paid for that sucker. I, I mean, "wow, that's such a ripoff, I'll gladly take it off your hands for that price. I'm always trying to help out a buddy like that."

Yeah, I started a thread about the yellowing commtech bubbles, it was universal.

... I'm sorry, I just fainted from the price you paid for that sucker. I, I mean, "wow, that's such a ripoff, I'll gladly take it off your hands for that price. I'm always trying to help out a buddy like that."
    Hey, I'll keep it in mind!!! NOT!!!!! Yeah, I got lucky on that one!
    Real men buy Willrow