Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sneak Peak of Nikto Skiff Guard

Hasbro have previewed this new Nikto figure as part of Galactic Hunter's Q&A: http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...=7901&zoneid=2 Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7901-skiffguardwm.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	19842  
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

aside from the W I D E stance, he looks great. this is their best looking figure (detail wise) in a long time. Hasbro aint making quality mostly these days - one reason they get very, very little of my money anymore. But, this is a must purchase, assuming the final piece looks good.
    Real men buy Willrow

The large photo: http://www.galactichunter.com/photo....iffguardwm.png

Very nice, but very prototype paint, no way we'll get anything half as good in person. I'm especially digging the paint on the gun and the plates on the hat.

Not so sure about the legs with that wide stance, and the feet aren't cambered so they won't stand flat on the ground. That will hopefully get addressed by the production version.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

yeah, what is with the crappy paint jobs these days on the production pieces? did Hasbro switch to a new factory or something?
    Real men buy Willrow

I think they're trying to make due with less resources. Pons Limbic has a decent but simple paint job, while Trinto Duaba is a little more complicated yet feels plain. They're trying to get more small details which are easier to mess up in a paint mask, and then scrimping on the overall weathering.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm really impressed with the work that goes into the Comic 2-packs figures. I just came into this section to post about that when I saw the new skiff guard.

The Nikto looks great.

The figure looked great! I'm happy to finally see a good one of these.

As for the paint apps, these simple effects can be had by dry brushing your figures, as i do this all the time, and if you do it yourself, you can't complain.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    and if you do it yourself, you can't complain.
    What if you do a crappy job?

I think this Nikto looks awesome.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

This figure does look pretty good, so I won't whine about how he's not actually a "Skiff Guard" since he never set foot on any of the Skiffs.

Looks good except for the "kick me in the balls" stance.