Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sideshow Obi-Wan Jedi Knight AOTC

Anybody getting this one? Just got my processing alert.
    Seeings how they already had the excellent ROTS one, I almost cancelled, but I let it go through since the price is close to the older ones, instead of the close to $100 Sideshow's lately.

The exclusive comes with a Kamino Dart.
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=21731
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Mines on order thru cornerstorecomics....
    Real men buy Willrow

Had to cancel everything a while back...but got on some waitlists including this one so I hope it converts...really want this one, he looks great!

...and it converted, shipped and arrived yesterday!

I really like this figure...it's one of my favorite "looks" for him and I think Sideshow did a really decent job here.

There's been a lot of belly-aching some places about the paint apps, but for a factory job, i think it looks pretty good.

The Jedi outfit is among the best executed so far...the boots are the same soft-rubber material used recently on Captain Antilles and Commander Praji...allowing more flexibility and a nice shiny finish...even the soles feature treads, very nice.

Yes, he's on the buck and as far as I'm concerned, that's just fine. It was great to open a figure and have tight joints and have it stand unassisted. Plus, the shoulders are a little broader with the buck and fills out the Jedi outfit better. And shots don't show just how good the hair looks...just a little bit of varied tones there, but in hand it looks good.

The only issues I observed are minor....it's easy to see why folks (myself included) are getting bent saber blades...it's how the blade is in the packaging...a little too tight of a fit along the tray side is probably adding some warping in transit. And speaking of transit...I miss those styro caps...the box ended up with a smashed corner. And a reminder about these Jedi figures...use care when opening when it comes to the accessories...the Holo Projector on this one was actually under the robe on the bottom of the tray...that and the very tiny Kamino dart need a little extra attention as you open the tray...

But the figure itself is great. Along with some others in here, I'm a big Obi-Wan fan...and it's great to have a Sideshow figure of this version of the character be so well-rendered. I applaud those who are taking this figure and going the extra mile via body/head-swapping, repaints et al, but for the collector who just wants a decent version of Obi-Wan from AOTC that requires a minimum of futzing to look great on display, this is a good figure...

Now bring on an AOTC version of his Padawan learner and of course, an Episode One version to make our Kenobi collection complete!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AOTC-KENOBI03.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	19926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AOTC-KENOBI02.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	19927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AOTC-KENOBI01.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	19928  

Mine arrived also. I must say I like this figure as well. It's the first one of my Sideshow figs that I opened (now if I could just get my photo skills up to par with yous JB) He would go good with all the other arena Jedi that have been made.
    I'm trying to remember if all the Jedi aliens made so far have been AOTC Arena ones? Or no difference with the ROTS characters.

An Ep1 Obi-wan would be choice. They made Qui-gon which I have. I'm sure we'll see him eventually.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

So far, for alien Jedi, we've gotten Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ki Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura. All were featured in the AOTC arena.

I'm hoping for a Saesee Tinn and Agen Kolar. I'd really like to complete the "arrest"group for display from ROTS...

But back to Obi-Wan...

Name:	AOTC-KENOBI05.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	19930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AOTC-Kenobi-Dooku.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	19931   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AOTC-Kenobi-Windu02.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	19932  

Great pics as usual jedibear. Still on the fence still about this one. Not sure why though -I loved McGregor in AOTC.

The TPM Obi-Wan will be a no-brainer for me though.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

He is really great in AOTC...and the more I look at this figure, the more I really like it. I hope an AOTC Anakin is on the horizon and that he's a good a figure as this one is...

Name:	AOTC-KENOBI-13.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	19960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AOTC-KENOBI-12.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	19961  

Nice pics, JB! I am pretty darn happy with this one as well - turned out nicely!
    Real men buy Willrow

Master Windu joins Kenobi in the arena...

Name:	windu_kenobi01.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	20740