Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rumors

2009 Rumors

I saw a rumor on another site about a brand new totally kick butt sounding AT-ST and noticed we haven't got a current rumor thread in the Legacy Section. There hasn't been much so far which is why this is such an exiting rumor. Dare I dream of finally having a walker that can seat TWO drivers!?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Okay so another thread stole my AT-ST thunder but I've now seen a rumor for some battle packs titled "Gelagrub Patrol" and "Battle of Endor". I'm hoping the gelagrub pack would be two clones and two gelagrubs. I do not need another Aalya Secura! I can't really figure out what I'd want to see in a Battle of Endor battle pack. I mean, we just got one with the Shield Door set and the UBP last winter.... Maybe a good AT-ST driver to go with the previously rumored walker?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'd be fine with a ten-pack of Ewoks! :mabs:
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not sure that any potential Endor sets won't just be a repack of the current one. If we do get a gelagrub set (which would be beyond sweet), I bet it will only be one gelagrub and probably two clones, but we'll see (if this is true). I'd kind of like to see it done like that Bob toy from Monsters vs. Aliens, with the squishy feel/look to it, but I bet they'll just use normal plastic.

That commando droid set also has potential to be really cool, even though we're getting a single-carded one probably around the same time.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm not sure that any potential Endor sets won't just be a repack of the current one. If we do get a gelagrub set (which would be beyond sweet), I bet it will only be one gelagrub and probably two clones, but we'll see (if this is true). I'd kind of like to see it done like that Bob toy from Monsters vs. Aliens, with the squishy feel/look to it, but I bet they'll just use normal plastic.
    You're probably right about there only being one gelagrub and two troopers, much like the upcoming gunship pod set. I haven't seen that Bob toy in person but I would love to see something like that in Star Wars, it could be used for a Jabba figure down the road!

I'm not sure about the Endor one though. I mean, the packaging change isn't supposed to be until this fall (right?) and the rumor places these as a summer release. To me that means that a repack wouldn't make sense cause there's nothing to repack it in! I know it's just a rumor and imperfect but if it was the bunker set, why call it something different?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Okay so another thread stole my AT-ST thunder but I've now seen a rumor for some battle packs titled "Gelagrub Patrol" and "Battle of Endor". I'm hoping the gelagrub pack would be two clones and two gelagrubs. I do not need another Aalya Secura! I can't really figure out what I'd want to see in a Battle of Endor battle pack. I mean, we just got one with the Shield Door set and the UBP last winter.... Maybe a good AT-ST driver to go with the previously rumored walker?
    I'm sorry about not posting the AT-ST rumor in this thread. I saw it after I had started the other one. They could just merge the two together.

It's cool, I wanted this one to be more a rumor thread anyway but saw the AT-ST as the perfect way to get this one going....

I bet the Battle of Endor BP is just a rerelease of the one that came out earlier this year. But the gelagrubs sound great, I wonder if we will see the Gree body used for the clones, not to mention if they will have the yellow pauldrons.

I wasn't sure what a gelagrub was so I found a couple pictures of it on wookiepedia. If they made it I'd probably buy 1 set though I'm not super excited by it.

Here's the pics for those who don't know what they are:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gelagrub1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	19949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gelagrub2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	19950  

See, I love all Star Wars beasties and so these would be a great addition to my collection. I'm pretty excited about this rumor and hope Hasbro delivers. I've found some more rumors around and the web regarding comic packs... we might be able to expect:

Luke Skywalker & R2-D2 (STAR WARS)
    Camie & Fixer (EMPIRE)
    Kashyyyk Trooper 2-Pack (REPUBLIC)
    Noghri Warrior & Ralrra (HEIR TO THE EMPIRE)

I'm not sure what the Luke & R2 set would be, we already got a Luke in Stormie and R2 from the Marvel series so I don't think they'd do a set like that again. Especially when they could do Leia and 3PO? I guess I missed Camie and Fixer's appearances in Empire but if they're in their Tatooine togs it would be great to recreate the cut scene from ANH, just need a new Tank since they gave us the Biggs in TAC. I'd have to see the troopers in a two-pack because I'm getting tired of Kashyyyk clones.... The last one is the one I am most excited about a Noghri warrior! Are you kidding? Man, I really hope that one comes about, I would certainly army build that one. And it comes packed with a new wookiee which is cool and can be dumped into Kashyyyk scenes from ROTS so a figure that's still a little useful in multiples. I'm pretty excited about these rumors....