Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT-ST Rumor

AT-ST Rumor

Its being reported over at RS that an all new AT-ST will be released this October.

Details:

-Stands over 13"
    -Sporting more accurate details
    -Missile firing cannons
    -Multi-articulated "wobbling" legs
    -Comes with driver
    -Room for 2 drivers
    -Opening ports and hatches
    -Retailing for $50

If it turns out to be true, it sounds like it will be the AT-ST that people have been wanting. I'm a little concerned about the wobbling legs feature. If they go the cheap route on the joints, we could have AT-STs that will have a hard time standing up. We'll see I guess.

I hope it's true. How tall was the old one? 13" doesn't seem that much bigger (unless we're talking about something else and then it seems A LOT bigger.

We do need a proper ROTJ version - hopefully this will be it. The old one is looking pretty dated now that other vehicles have been completely redone in the modern line - X-wing, TIE fighter, Falcon and landspeeder.

Lets hope its the right height - most of it will be leg so I don't see why it can't be made to correct scale with the figures and yet still packed in a relatively compact box.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I hope it's true. How tall was the old one? 13" doesn't seem that much bigger (unless we're talking about something else and then it seems A LOT bigger.
    The 1983 Sears Catalog lists the vintage Scout Walker as 10" tall (that doesn't include the "sagging" that naturally happens to the toy over time). So this one is at least 3 inches taller.

Sounds really cool, but I hope it is the ROTJ version, not the ESB version.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

[FONT=Courier New]Very cool rumor. I like the idea of it being taller and a 2 seater.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Can I ask a question that I do not legitimately know the answer to...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]What exactly is the difference between the ESB and RotJ versions of the AT-ST?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Very cool rumor. I like the idea of it being taller and a 2 seater.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Can I ask a question that I do not legitimately know the answer to...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]What exactly is the difference between the ESB and RotJ versions of the AT-ST?[/FONT]
    They look a little different. The current one was based on the ESB design and reflects it fairly well; compare that to a picture of a ROTJ AT-ST and you'll see the differences.

I already have three of the four AT-STs from the modern line, but I suppose this one will be cool if true. Don't you think it would come out in the $60 vehicle line? I really doubt they'd be able to get a $50 all-new one as an exclusive anywhere.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Below, the first is the Hoth version and the second is the Endor. There are some rather slight differences in the shape of the "head" with the Hoth version appearing more narrow and less blocky than the Endor version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATSTH.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	19905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATSTE.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	19906  
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

[FONT=Courier New]Got it, thanks guys.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

The ESB version is clearly 'lankier' - extra long skinny legs with a small head. ROTJ looks more sturdy in the leg department - and it needs to be with that bigger looking head.

If it's true, I will indeed buy one.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"