Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Cool Beisbol en veinte cero nueve (2009)

The season started today!

:crickets... :

Really. The World BB Classic is over and the National and American Leagues resume their annual battle on grass (or artificial turf-type grass) to throw their mitts into the air, pile on each other and possibly crush or injure themselves, and wear t-shirts and pour alcoholic beverages on their teammates (makes ME want to do it! ).

So, now that everyone knows what time it is, does anybody really care (about time)?

Go Pirates! Win 81 or more games this year. Please? Arr?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Buc-Co Jos
    Go Pirates! Now win 80 more, or more, games now that this year has started.
    1-0 feels SO good! It's still crummy that they can't lead their division; sports standings discriminate against the later letters of the alphabet.

My Yankees are starting off great at 0-2....ugh. I'm heading to the season opener next Thursday to see CC on the hill. Hopefully he'll give me 8 innings of 3 hit ball. Jeter off to a nice start in the leadoff.

The Cubbies are looking nice at 2-1!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Sports talk radio here in SoCal is all about the Angels pitcher killed in a H&R DUI.

That would be Nick Adenhart who just pitched yesterday and was well on his way to a promising career.

Sadly, these H&R DUI's are becoming increasingly more common here in SoCal.

Yeah, just heard about it yesterday too, very tragic.....freaking hit and run too....

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Yeah, just heard about it yesterday too, very tragic.....freaking hit and run too....
    What makes it more tragic is the fact that they guy who hit them was driving on a suspended license with a previous DUI.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

According to news reports, his judge told him if there's a next time, he'd be charged with murder, not just vehicular manslaughter. What's he get for this one? Three murder charges. Keep this nut off the streets!

But back to on-field baseball action, the Pirates are on pace to finish right at .500. Woo hoo! So, based on current standings, the NL West winner is Colorado, NL East is held by Florida, and NL Central belongs to St. Louis, with the Wild Card going to Atlanta (alphabetically the best 2-1 team ).

AL West crown worn by Texas, AL East bestowed upon Toronto, and AL Central owned by Minnesota, while Baltimore goes Wild Carding.

WRONG!

My picks?
    NL West: Dodgers
    NL East: Mets (finally?)
    NL Central: Cards (although, Pittsburgh's 160-2 record will just be edged out by them )
    NL Wild Card: Florida

AL West: Angels
    AL East: Red Sox
    AL Central: Detroit
    AL Wild Card: Toronto

We shall see, shall we? See?

I'd love the Yankees to make it back to the series against the Cubbies. I'm a DIEhard Yankees fan....but if they can't win I would support the Cubbies.

The Padres were expected to finish in last place in our division. But so far, ALL the other teams are beating them to this honor.

Oh yeah: that means we're in FIRST PLACE!

The Pads are 5-2 as I write this.