Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Overloaded Pegs?

I was in Wally World the other day....and couldn't believe all the pegs FULL of figures....thoughts on this at all? The economy? The fact that it's almost $8 for a figure these days and not 4.99 like it was 10 years ago?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    I was in Wally World the other day....and couldn't believe all the pegs FULL of figures....thoughts on this at all? The economy? The fact that it's almost $8 for a figure these days and not 4.99 like it was 10 years ago?
    Well then, I'll assume you found Needa, Leia, and Luke and bought an extra of each fig for me then, eh?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Sadly I haven't collected in a year or so now....so no

It sucks too, because I loved collecting, especially with a lot of new sculpts and just NEW characters would make it great if it wasn't for the high prices!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

The Wally's near me are full of the 2 Cantina figures, Leia's mom and all the clone Wars figures that have been shipping seemingly forever. Toys R us has enough Yarna's to man (woman?) an AT-TE. $8 has definitely cut down on my buying doubles and army building. It's hard to believe it, but a price hike has actually saved me money.

The line is still selling well here. I made the rounds Monday and the pegs at WM and KM are picked clean except for a few pegwarmers (Cantina guys, Mrs. Organa, and some Legends).

KM does have SW figures on sale this week for $4.99 so I'm sure many people are taking the ad to WM for a price match.

TRU also has SW figs on sale this week (2 for $11 or something like that), but I actually forgot to look through them. I really meant to but I got sidetracked by an employee who was helping me look for the 50th Anniv. Barbie that was in their ad.

I forgot about the Walmart pricematch when I went looking for figures last weekend, since Kmart didn't have anything too good. If TRU doesn't have anything then I'll get my second space trooper at a Walmart.

The pegs here are no more crowded than they've ever been. Stass Allie, Breha Organa, Trinto Duaba, and Pons Limbic are all overstaying their welcome at different stores in different amounts, though. I don't army build the Clone Wars line outside of battle packs or whatever but I haven't noticed those staying around too much.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I purchased a CW dooku at KM for $4.99. I still have not found one legends snowtrooper.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I'm seeing overloaded pegs, but no Saga figures, just Clone Wars.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Not really seeing overloaded pegs around these parts. The Boulder store always seems to keep everything stocked, but the surrounding areas always seem to be kind of scarce. It is also a good mix. Some stores have legends and not much else, some have a glut of clone wars, and some have legacy. But no one store around me is sporting dripping pegs of anything.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

In areas like mine it's feast or famine (right now mostly famine) but the problem is when the pegs are full they're always just one assortment. I wonder if the new color coded card backs coming soon will fix this problem? Assuming shelf stockers aren't color blind this new system should work, right?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.