Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Yarna...the final say.

I have been reading a lot of posts lately about Yarna figures haning on the pegs taking up valuable space. Some of these posts are matter of fact, while others are dripping in contempt that this figure was ever made.

So, my question to you all is, do you think finally having this figure in plastic form was worth it?

My own opinion is that I really like this figure. Getting the chracters from Jabba's palace was something that brought me into collecting Star Wars in a big way, so I am gald to finally have this figure to add to the display. But, a year later looking at the pegs what do you all think???
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

It's an example of be careful what you wish for because you may get it. this is one time you can blame Hasbro (or us for pushing Hasbro for it) because they had to put it in so many case assortments to make it fit their business model. Sadly, no one probably bought more than 1 or 2 of these depending on Jabba's Palace, Sail Barge or kept open (alright 3 MAX).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Yes worth it. Only about 7 hanging here, so not too bad. Some places probably have dozens
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I haven't picked it up yet, but I should while it's still on the peg. I too have always wanted to see this figure and just because I'm not currently collecting at the moment doesn't mean I shouldn't pick it up!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

[FONT=Courier New]No feelings on it either way. Never wanted it (or for that matter never NOT wanted it...), never knew it was a "thing" to want it, but I bought one as a joke and hid it in my wife's suitcase before she went out of town (she thinks it's one of the grossest things ever).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]When she came back, we hid it in one of our good friend's purses. She took pictures with it and posted them on Facebook.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I really like the OT (and the PT), but I've never been a collector of Cantina or Jabba's Palace creatures/characters.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Yarna's aren't really that common around here. They were for a while, but seem to have sold through for the most part.

I think it's good that she was made, but if Hasbro is going to start using her as an example of how the obscure characters don't sell well, then maybe it would have been better if she had never been made at all.

I never see Yarna anymore. In fact, the pegs are pretty empty. It doesn't make any sense to whine about it. They made Chief Chirpa and he sat. They made an ewok with a baby and good luck finding it.

It seems pretty unpredictable. I love the figure.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Thrilled to have the figure. I bought 3 on principle.

If she is the last true risky peg warmer, I am glad it was her. I still think she'll do better than Hood.

I will never understand why they didn't put her in a battle pack, short pack her, or make her a convention or online exclusive.

I'm definitely glad to have her, but I think they should have dialed back the production run by a fair amount. She's not as bad as some of the previous pegwarmers have been - Chancellor Palpatine in 2002, Neimoidian Warrior in 2005, and Lushros Dofine and the Notorious Moff Jerjerrod in 2006 - so I can deal with seeing a few of her a little over eight months later.

Since we shop at most of the same stores, Dark Marble, do you think it's too bad around here? It's bad but could have been worse, IMO.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm definitely glad to have her, but I think they should have dialed back the production run by a fair amount. She's not as bad as some of the previous pegwarmers have been - Chancellor Palpatine in 2002, Neimoidian Warrior in 2005, and Lushros Dofine and the Notorious Moff Jerjerrod in 2006...
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I STILL see Moff Jerjerrod here in Portland. And at our TRUs, I see Juno Eclipse gunning for his "Last figure standing" position. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]