Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Thumbs up Disneys Star Wars Weekends 09

    SWW 2009 guest list has been announced: (following from StarWars.com)

    Time to start planning for Star Wars Weekends! Starting in May, fans get to meet an impressive lineup of special guests attending four weekends of Star Wars fun at the Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida. From May 22 to June 14, 2009, fans of all ages will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains, creatures and droids of the saga. In addition to Star Wars costumed characters, fun activities, and the Star Tours theme park ride, celebrity guests will be in attendance for meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and a classic Hollywood-style motorcade.
    Here's a look at the celebrity guests which include Star Wars cast members from the entire saga. Please check back here for future updates to the guest list as it may be subject to change.
    The celebrity host for each weekend will be Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho) while Clone Wars: Behind the Force will be hosted by Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka).

    http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...090409/Jay.jpg http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...409/ashley.jpg
    http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...90409/park.jpg http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...09/warwick.jpg http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...0409/james.jpg
    May 22-24 -- Ray Park, Warwick Davis, and James Arnold Taylor
    Ray Park thrilled audiences as the unforgettable Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace, and will be joined by Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Return of the Jedi as well as Anakin's young friend Wald in The Phantom Menace. James Arnold Taylor, who voices Obi-Wan Kenobi in The Clone Wars, will appear as a guest in Behind the Force.



    http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...409/mayhew.jpg http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...0409/matt1.jpg
    May 29-31 -- Peter Mayhew & Matthew Wood
    Peter Mayhew has of course appeared in four of the six Star Wars movies as the mighty Chewbacca. Also appearing will be Matthew Wood, Supervising Sound Editor for the Star Wars Prequels and The Clone Wars as well as the voice of General Grievous and the battle droids.



    http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...09/bulloch.jpg http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...409/prowse.jpg http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...409/lanter.jpg
    June 5-7 -- Jeremy Bulloch, David Prowse, and Matt Lanter
    Jeremy Bulloch is best known for his role as Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and also made a brief cameo in Revenge of the Sith as Captain Colton. David Prowse played ultimate villain Darth Vader throughout the original trilogy as the man behind the mask. Matt Lanter, the voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars, appears as a guest in Behind the Force.



    http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...409/filoni.jpg http://www.starwars.com/img/fans/eve...090409/tem.jpg
    June 12-14 -- Dave Filoni & Temuera Morrison
    The creative force behind The Clone Wars, Supervising Director Dave Filoni is also a die-hard Star Wars fan! Filoni will be joined by Temuera Morrison, who plays Jango Fett as well as the unmasked clones of Episodes II and III!

    [font=Comic Sans MS]"Imperial troops have entered the base, imperial troops......"[/font]

    [font=Footlight MT Light][size=6]Darth Bobul[/size][/font]

  2. #2
    This is truly the most wonderful time of the year. Especially if you are a big Disney fan as well. I hope to be able to go this year, I have a two days left on my key to the world card from last year so I would really only need airfare and a hotel room. I'm still on the fence about it. I'd also like to get those big figures they have, but they are very expensive. Decisions, decisions...

  3. #3
    I'm hoping they'll still have this going on next year, as our new school calendar ends school two weeks earlier. I have yet to actually enter Disney World, so this would be a cool week of vacation to Florida.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

  4. #4
    My first time to Disney World was for Star Wars Weekends back in 99. I mainly went down because Carrie Fisher was there and I wanted her autograph. I got it, which was great but at the same time I fell in love with Disney World and have found my way back almost every year since then. SW Weekends are the best time to go, they are a lot of fun and there's a lot of SW/Disney merchandise.

  5. #5
    I was down there for Carrie as well, and I'll always remember that's where I met her. It was a little less crowed than at a Celebration show.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

  6. #6
    trying to see if I can make it for the last weeked with the wife. she actually wants to go which is surprising since she is not a fan of Disney and not a huge SW fan. going to see if I can get cheap tickets for a Thrusday to Monday stay and maybe combine going to perhaps SeaWorld, Universal, and MGM all at once. might stay off property and rent a car for the weekend or something.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

  7. #7
    I would wonder what Kennedy Space Center would be like then, after all these missions have been completed. It's not too far away.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    trying to see if I can make it for the last weeked with the wife. she actually wants to go which is surprising since she is not a fan of Disney and not a huge SW fan. going to see if I can get cheap tickets for a Thrusday to Monday stay and maybe combine going to perhaps SeaWorld, Universal, and MGM all at once. might stay off property and rent a car for the weekend or something.
    Not a SW or Disney fan??? I just wanted to ask, have you two been to WDW before? If not, even if she isn't a big Disney fan going to the parks might change her mind.

    Also, if you are going for just five days that is a lot of places to go do in that short of a stay!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    Not a SW or Disney fan??? I just wanted to ask, have you two been to WDW before? If not, even if she isn't a big Disney fan going to the parks might change her mind.

    Also, if you are going for just five days that is a lot of places to go do in that short of a stay!
    well I should say she is not a huge parks fan... for many reasons:

    the first time she went to Disney World with me was in August 2003 when we first started to date and the weather was a muggy 97+ and it rained like clockwork at 12:00 and 4:00 pm daily and not a single character was out an about so that kinda ruined the experience for her first time (I worked in the parks as a character in the Winter of '96). also we came back tot he room one afternoon to find all of our stuff we bought in the park missing....turns out that if you stay at the all-star movies resort the staff that cleans the room put all the merchandise out in huge glass windows so that everyone in the hotel complex can see what you bought. here we thought we had been robbed but haha it's just their way of saying hey here's some cool stuff you can buy in our parks. also the first night we were there we went to the pool and watched as a kid threw-up in the pool and the lifeguard looked at us and said it's not my job to clean it up. she swore at that time that she would never venture to Disney ever again.

    flash forward to October 2005 and our honeymoon (she choose Disney...not me) and even though we booked our vacation through triple A our plans were botched as they gave us 2 twin beds in our honeymoon suite and told us that every single king size bed throughout the parks was booked solid. also every morning at 7:00am they woke us up to clean the rooms even thouogh we keep the do not disturb sign on the front door. then as we are riding one of the buses to Epcot i believe we spotted another couple sitting behind us with 2 buttons that showed Mickey and Minnie as a bride and groom and read "Happy Honeymoon." we asked them where they got them and they told us they got them when they checked into the hotel (ironically the same hotel we were staying at) they also said how when they checked in they got a huge fruit basket with a bottle of champagne compliments of the park. we got rude awakenings and no king size bed.

    although we did get some perks at the various restaurants (free drinks or dessert, got to be Grand Marshalls at the MGM Stars and Cars parade and did actually get the pins after asking at Guest Relations) she was still not a huge fan of the parks.

    then in 2007 we did a family vacation with my parents, sister and brother in law and 2 nieces. the trip was fun but then my niece got sick and my sister was crabby and the trip was alot of walking around (Animal Kingdom....kinda boring).

    as far as Star Wars goes.....she likes the movies and can appreciate that I'm a huge fan but really it's not her thing and I'm fine with that but I'm just afraid that she might get bored and not have a good time hence why I'm thinking of doing Universal and Seaworld and just spending a day in MGM and maybe Epcot. mighteven hit up Old Time Town as well.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    well I should say she is not a huge parks fan... for many reasons:

    the first time she went to Disney World with me was in August 2003 when we first started to date and the weather was a muggy 97+ and it rained like clockwork at 12:00 and 4:00 pm daily and not a single character was out an about so that kinda ruined the experience for her first time (I worked in the parks as a character in the Winter of '96). also we came back tot he room one afternoon to find all of our stuff we bought in the park missing....turns out that if you stay at the all-star movies resort the staff that cleans the room put all the merchandise out in huge glass windows so that everyone in the hotel complex can see what you bought. here we thought we had been robbed but haha it's just their way of saying hey here's some cool stuff you can buy in our parks. also the first night we were there we went to the pool and watched as a kid threw-up in the pool and the lifeguard looked at us and said it's not my job to clean it up. she swore at that time that she would never venture to Disney ever again.

    flash forward to October 2005 and our honeymoon (she choose Disney...not me) and even though we booked our vacation through triple A our plans were botched as they gave us 2 twin beds in our honeymoon suite and told us that every single king size bed throughout the parks was booked solid. also every morning at 7:00am they woke us up to clean the rooms even thouogh we keep the do not disturb sign on the front door. then as we are riding one of the buses to Epcot i believe we spotted another couple sitting behind us with 2 buttons that showed Mickey and Minnie as a bride and groom and read "Happy Honeymoon." we asked them where they got them and they told us they got them when they checked into the hotel (ironically the same hotel we were staying at) they also said how when they checked in they got a huge fruit basket with a bottle of champagne compliments of the park. we got rude awakenings and no king size bed.

    although we did get some perks at the various restaurants (free drinks or dessert, got to be Grand Marshalls at the MGM Stars and Cars parade and did actually get the pins after asking at Guest Relations) she was still not a huge fan of the parks.

    then in 2007 we did a family vacation with my parents, sister and brother in law and 2 nieces. the trip was fun but then my niece got sick and my sister was crabby and the trip was alot of walking around (Animal Kingdom....kinda boring).

    as far as Star Wars goes.....she likes the movies and can appreciate that I'm a huge fan but really it's not her thing and I'm fine with that but I'm just afraid that she might get bored and not have a good time hence why I'm thinking of doing Universal and Seaworld and just spending a day in MGM and maybe Epcot. mighteven hit up Old Time Town as well.
    Wow! Talk about a lot of bad luck... we went there for our honeymoon as well. You do have to mention that you are honeymooning to the people at your resort or at Guest Relations to get the pins. I never heard of WDW giving out champagne and fruit baskets, I know you, or someone else can order them for you.

    The Mousekeepers DO like to decorate windows sometimes as well and they will use any character items that are sitting around to do it. I read one story about a guest returning to their room to find a stuffed Mickey sitting on the bed watching TV, remote in hand, with the TV turned on. WE usually get some little display or at least a couple of towel animals.

    Were you there in the CP? How was that? I've read that its a lot of hard work but most people love it.

    I REALLY wanted to go for SW Weekends this year but I chose to order the big figures instead. They are so expensive that it comes down to making a choice between a trip or the figures. Figures won. I'd still love to get the t-shirt and poster but they won't mail order that stuff. At least this is the last year for the big figs so I will def go back down next year.

    If you do go, have a great time and have better luck!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO