Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bones

Hybrid View

Smile Bones

Unless I'm blind and clueless (a slight possibility on either), I did not notice a previous thread on Bones, FOX's attempt at a CSI-wannabe. Anybody watch it? Since I find nothing of interest on TV on Thursdays from 8pm on, I started catching a couple episodes. I mean, one of the bearded dudes (NOT Frank Beard, obviously) from ZZ Top is a character's father! How can that not be comedy gold?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

If you enjoy the series at all you should check out the older stuff, it really was the best. Zack was a great character, but he has basically been removed.

My wife is a big fan, I have enjoyed more than a few episodes myself. The ZZTop dad has only made a couple brief appearances.

The show is based on a series of books, like Dexter, except they are written by a real life anthropologist, based (loosely) on her life.

There is a lot of dry comedy to the series, it's not everybody's cup of tea.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    If you enjoy the series at all you should check out the older stuff, it really was the best. Zack was a great character, but he has basically been removed.

My wife is a big fan, I have enjoyed more than a few episodes myself. The ZZTop dad has only made a couple brief appearances.

The show is based on a series of books, like Dexter, except they are written by a real life anthropologist, based (loosely) on her life.

There is a lot of dry comedy to the series, it's not everybody's cup of tea.
    Of all the monotonous forensics shows I'd take Bones if I had to - for its humour. I just don't get why its necessary to have 3 different CSIs on air in addition to 2 Law and orders, criminal minds etc. Too much stuff like that while Terminator is on the brink of cancellation.

I enjoy Bones quite a bit. I like the humor in it, and the interaction between Bones and Booth. Emily Deschanel is pretty good looking, though her sister is a bit cuter.

Zack was a good character, but they've had a lot of fun with the rotating people filling his spot. There was the one guy who thought Bones was hitting on him, the depressed philosophical guy, the uptight black guy, and the guy who spouts off random trivia. I believe his name was Nigel Murray. He's probably my favorite. They had some fun doing experiments this week like Hodgins and Zack used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Three or four times at the most. The first time was the season 1 Christmas show.

I like the show. But Fox doesn't give the show the respect it deserves, moving it around to different time slots, etc...

Last season's Zack storyline was okay. I know the Gorgamon storyline was originally to stretch until this season but, because of the strike, the producers didn't think viewers would stick with it and remember what was going on, and the storyline was wrapped up in one season. The actor who played Zack didn't know he was going to be Gorgamon's assistant until he was called into the producers' office and told.

And the producers never fully explained what happened to Zack during his tenure in Iraq. He left at the end of season 2.

I've enjoyed the replacement assistants. Kinda like Murphy Brown and her assistants! A different one every week, on MB, that is.

I've been a fan of Bones for a couple of years. I like the mix of science and police work. OC is right about Fox, they keep moving the show around, infact there was a new episode yesterday, today and on Monday (I don't know about next Thursday).

Wouldn't it be cool if FOX moved the show into 206 different timeslots? Or if the series makes it to 206 episodes?

The season finale was really cool; that dream sequence style is often nicely done. But since I'd missed the penultimate episode, I was a bit lost about Booth being in a hospital. Loved noticing how they made the characters' usual roles adjusted for this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Now, according to TV commercials and the Bones website, tomorrow is the new season's kickoff episode. But my DirecTV programming guide has the finale from last yearshowing in the 8pm FOX time slot. I'll not be at home either way, so we shall see what David Victor Robinson decides to place in my television history.
    The Channels guide in the Sunday paper says "The Future in the Past" and has a description of "Brennan is accused of murder.". There is no (N) next to it indicating that it is new. My Comcast on screen guide has the same title and says that it is the season 8 premiere, with a description that fits.