Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bones

I agree with you Bel-Cam, the mix of funny and serious is what makes me love Bones, House, and The Mentalist. I quit the CSI and CSI Miami series because I enjoyed these other shows more. They are just more entertaining.

It is a delicate balance though... Too much drama and it becomes a soap opera and too much funny and you lose the good story lines it seems. These shows do a great job of it.

I have just recently gotten into watching Bones the last few weeks. TNT airs episodes nightly at 7pm, so I have been watching and it caused me to get hooked.

I may have to look into purchasing these dvd sets.

Emily is hott, as is the actress who plays Angela.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I like the semi-serious but mainly-fun style; it reminds me of House. Medical or crime scene shows that take themselves too seriously get little to no viewing from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I agree with you Bel-Cam, the mix of funny and serious is what makes me love Bones, House, and The Mentalist. I quit the CSI and CSI Miami series because I enjoyed these other shows more. They are just more entertaining.

It is a delicate balance though... Too much drama and it becomes a soap opera and too much funny and you lose the good story lines it seems. These shows do a great job of it.
    I agree with both of you. I like the humorous interaction between the characters. I like the different quirks of the revolving assistants. "King of the Lab" is a great phrase. I like how Bones is funny even when she isn't trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I have just recently gotten into watching Bones the last few weeks. TNT airs episodes nightly at 7pm, so I have been watching and it caused me to get hooked.

I may have to look into purchasing these dvd sets.

Emily is hott, as is the actress who plays Angela.
    I agree on Emily, though I think her sister is better looking. I think I've only seen her in Hitchhiker's Guide and in her cameo on Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Emily is hott...
    A friend of mine kinda sorta looks like Emily.... kinda.

One thing that is getting a bit old for me is the "random friend/co worker/family member/criminal/whomever" that makes a comment to either Booth or Bone's (or both of them) that they should be together. I get it, I really do! At some point they will hook up I have no doubts about that. Well hooking up beyond Booth's weird dream at the end of last season. But I feel its being said just a little bit too often, writers, please take it down a couple of notches. Thanks, JJB

I liked the conspiracy aspect of this ep.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I liked the conspiracy aspect of this ep.
    Wasn't Mr. White the guy from The Sarah Connor Chronicles? Maybe this was actually a crossover episode!

According to imdb.com Mr White was played by the guy from the Sarah Conner Chronicles, Richard T. Jones. Booth taking out the three agents in 5 seconds was pretty cool And so was his scene shooting the melons. Booth is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    Booth taking out the three agents in 5 seconds was pretty cool And so was his scene shooting the melons. Booth is cool.
    Yup yup!

I always thought that Booth was a bit of a weird last name but I never really thought that much about it, the news that John Wilkes (sp?) is relation was a bit of a shocker.

I seem to find people with that last name all the time in restaurants, as the host asks politely if where they might sit is okay.

And I missed all but the last few minutes on this one; stupid work requirements making me forget it's on. :myownfault:
    "That's what Sheev said."