Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I watch Food Network a lot. I like shows that feature a behind-the-scenes look at how stuff is made and the history of favorite brands, such as Unwrapped and History Channel's American Eats.
    Ever since I was a kid I've always liked watching cooking shows, the main difference is I try to adapt the recipes to my skill (and budget) level.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    If I wouldn't talk about TV shows with my friends, why you guys?

Ok, big fan of the Wiggles and Spongbob....
    Just spent a week with my 2 year daughter and I'm addicted to Fresh Beat Band.

I have no idea because it is stupid, but I catch myself singing their annoying songs.
    I even Tivoed it for her.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I sometimes watch America's Top Model with my sister. (not sure I should admit this)

The girls are beautiful to look at. Some of the judges are ridiculously over the top. You also find out what a cold cruel world the modeling industry is.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Ever since I was a kid I've always liked watching cooking shows, the main difference is I try to adapt the recipes to my skill (and budget) level.
    I've always enjoyed watching cooking shows as well, but I tend to avoid the ones that show how to make the complex gourmet dishes or desserts nowadays.

--

I'm not really ashamed of it, but I've found myself watching episodes of Thundarr the Barbarian on Cartoon Network's sister network, Boomerang. I went ahead and began recording them on the DVR to keep. I watched it as a kid but had largely forgotten it. I've only recently rediscovered the show in the last couple weeks. Set in the year 3994, a trio of heroes roam the ruins of our civilization fighting for justice and aiding the meek. I've always had a weakness for post-apocalyptic stories. It's kinda unique for a cartoon's premise.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Some of the Disney Channel shows like Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life, Sonny with a Chance. Some of these shows are funnier than some shows on network TV.

I have noticed one on a cable station, Battlecam or something, which is quite possibly one of the worst shows I've ever seen. A split camera of webcams and you vote on which one you like better. Ugh.
    "That's what Sheev said."

1) Nice work with the shovel there BCJ!

2) Wow some long lost posters are in this thread.

Watched the first ep of the new season (season 7) of the excellent Foyle's War on PBS. Picks up a couple of years later after the original series ended, and Foyle, a retired British country police detective, is recruited by MI-5 to investigate new intrigue in post-World War II England, i.e., the Cold War and the Russians.

I watched that Mermaids: A Body Found special on Animal Planet this evening. I kind of stumbled upon it while channel surfing and I still don't know what to make of it. The entire show feels like an elaborate April Fools joke. All of their "video evidence" just feels staged and the "mermaids" are all clearly computer-generated. The fact that these videos are supposed to be recorded at different times and in different parts of the world; but every single "mermaid" looks identical. So it's clearly one CG model of a "fish man" that they are compositing into these videos.

Plus, the whole "secret military cover-up" plotline is so overused that it just destroys the credibility of the theory right out of the gate for me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It was on Animal Planet? They only show documentaries, so it can't be fake.
    I am the modern man.