Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I watched that Mermaids: A Body Found special on Animal Planet this evening. I kind of stumbled upon it while channel surfing and I still don't know what to make of it. The entire show feels like an elaborate April Fools joke. All of their "video evidence" just feels staged and the "mermaids" are all clearly computer-generated. The fact that these videos are supposed to be recorded at different times and in different parts of the world; but every single "mermaid" looks identical. So it's clearly one CG model of a "fish man" that they are compositing into these videos.

Plus, the whole "secret military cover-up" plotline is so overused that it just destroys the credibility of the theory right out of the gate for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Roboto View Post
    It was on Animal Planet? They only show documentaries, so it can't be fake.
    The sad part is there are people (apparently a lot of them) out there who took that show to be 100% real. So much so that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) actually had to make an official statement that mermaids don't exist after being bombarded by concerned phone calls.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    The sad part is there are people (apparently a lot of them) out there who took that show to be 100% real. So much so that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) actually had to make an official statement that mermaids don't exist after being bombarded by concerned phone calls.
    Yeah, they did a follow-up program with more "indisputable evidence" and mentioned the statement from NOAA. Of course, they tried to claim that NOAA wouldn't have bothered to make the statement unless they had something to hide. They also used the fact that all of the Kardashians tweeted about the show and Kim Kardashian dressed up as a mermaid for Halloween last year as "evidence" that people were believing their story, so we should all believe it too. Like I said, it's like an April Fools joke or a really subtle Saturday Night Live skit. I have a hard time understanding how anybody could take this seriously, but I have no trouble believing that people do.