Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question That Same Scream

When stormtroopers get shot and scream , they all have the same scream . That very same scream is in TPM . When the Naboo Fighter pilots get shot trying to get to their ships , they also scream that same scream . Why is that same scream used every time ?
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

That's Sound Designer Ben Burtt's signature scream. It has a name but I don't remember it right now. He includes it in every movie he works on, so it's not just Star Wars.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

SCREAMING WILHELMA! That's the name you're looking for. It was the subjest of a classic moment not so long ago at the official site before they changed the layout. If memory serves me well it belongs to a german opera singer or something equally wierd.

eek!

Every one thats been shot is from the same family of clones
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Jargo, I believe you mean this Classic Moment from Nov 27th, 2000: http://www.starwars.com/episode-v/cl...c20001127.html
    And it's "Wilhelm", not "Wilhelma", and not every trooper makes that sound, just some.

The troopers who get shot and scream like little girls usually have slight differences, like "AYEEE!!!!" vs. "EEEEE!!!", but they're all gonna sound similar because it's a horrible way to die and most folks would react to searing hot, melted armor tearing your flesh apart.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

AH SHUCKS!

"I call it a 'Wilhelm' after a character in an old western who got an arrow in his leg and let out that scream."
    Okay so my memory is going west! I never claimed to be an authority....... I was partly right though.

Oh yeah, you were totally on the right track, just that not every Stormie screamed it and it was the male version of the name.

I wish someone would put up audio files of these sounds.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up

I actually think it's great. Everytime you hear that sound you know where it's from. The same goes for every time you hear Utinni! You just know those sounds.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Josh
    When stormtroopers get shot and scream , they all have the same scream . That very same scream is in TPM . When the Naboo Fighter pilots get shot trying to get to their ships , they also scream that same scream . Why is that same scream used every time ?
    Awesome every Star Wars movie should have one.