Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

John Madden to Retire

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ent/index.html

Doesn't say if immediate or after the end of the season.

On the Edit:
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...3ZgvAD97JLP000
    Is immediate.
    Last edited by pbarnard; 04-16-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Found out more details
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

This was due. It was time.

At least Chris Collinsworth is a great fill-in.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I wonder if he'll spend more time playing around on message boards.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

See what he did there?? He got the job and ran it to the endzone- when he crossed that line, that equalled points, and that's how you win a game, getting more points than the other team by running the distance and crossing that line with the ball. If he didn't have the ball, he might not have scored
    Iso&Baws

Oyes
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I wonder if he'll still lend (read as: sell) his name to the video games.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I wonder if he'll still lend (read as: sell) his name to the video games.
    He was pretty involved in the development of the video game, especially from the play calling and play design aspects. But yes, that question has passed my mind too.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    See what he did there?? He got the job and ran it to the endzone- when he crossed that line, that equalled points, and that's how you win a game, getting more points than the other team by running the distance and crossing that line with the ball. If he didn't have the ball, he might not have scored
    Iso&Baws

Oyes
    only thing that would make that a more authentic statement would be to draw all over it with a tele-strater.

i'd rather listen to madden mumble and stumble his way through the game than collinsworth.

I don't mind him stepping down....I miss Pat Summerall than having him around or leave.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!