Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    Will they package it differently so there's at least some value to having the old one? I paid slightly above MSRP for mine and now I guess that was pointless heheh

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by djsosharp View Post
    Will they package it differently so there's at least some value to having the old one? I paid slightly above MSRP for mine and now I guess that was pointless heheh
    Modern mint Star Wars figures will never appreciate in value the way the vintage ones did. It's like baseball cards. Because now people know to keep them the scarcity never increases. I paid more on eBay for Ahsoka so I feel your pain, but mine was loose so it wasn't that bad and I had no plans to resell anyway.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Modern mint Star Wars figures will never appreciate in value the way the vintage ones did. It's like baseball cards. Because now people know to keep them the scarcity never increases. I paid more on eBay for Ahsoka so I feel your pain, but mine was loose so it wasn't that bad and I had no plans to resell anyway.
    In general that's very true. Something won't go from being a "common" (where everyone who wants to can get it at face value) to a "rare" with any sort of regularity. But cases like this, where it's already a bit scarce, do see an increase in value (as we've already seen..on eBay at least), which is why I was wondering about the packaging.

    Also: I'm not necessarily looking to resell anyway either. But I did get one loose and one in package as I typically do, just in case (in case of what, I have no idea).

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by djsosharp View Post
    In general that's very true. Something won't go from being a "common" (where everyone who wants to can get it at face value) to a "rare" with any sort of regularity. But cases like this, where it's already a bit scarce, do see an increase in value (as we've already seen..on eBay at least), which is why I was wondering about the packaging.

    Also: I'm not necessarily looking to resell anyway either. But I did get one loose and one in package as I typically do, just in case (in case of what, I have no idea).
    Well the it is possible. The new Ahsoka would come in the new red TLC packaging so there will be an obvious difference between the two. However, MOMC completists are very rare these days and so a general rerelease is really going to hurt any perceived scarcity, especially if Hasbro learns and packs her more than one per case.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  5. #35
    All good points, especially the one about Hasbro being a learning computer (read in Arnold's accent)

  6. #36
    There are two of the Ahsoka with helmet at a local store, but they are just under 8 each.
    I have no interest in them, but i'd happily pick them up if anyone here wants them.

  7. #37
    Ahsoka v1 are shipping again on red card, I had one in my hand at Target but passed since I like the headsculpt and paint on the Space Suit version better, and that figure is easy to find right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ahsoka v1 are shipping again on red card, I had one in my hand at Target but passed since I like the headsculpt and paint on the Space Suit version better, and that figure is easy to find right now.
    I liked the headsculpt on Space Suit Ahsoka as well. So much so that I bought an extra one to swap heads with Ahsoka v1.

  9. #39
    Did that swap work? I was guessing it wouldn't, that Hasbro would pull another doy moment and have them incompatible, it's part of what made me pass up the v1 figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Did that swap work? I was guessing it wouldn't, that Hasbro would pull another doy moment and have them incompatible, it's part of what made me pass up the v1 figure.
    They're very much compatible, actually.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO