Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Why is Ashoka so hard to find?

I love the Clone Wars show and watched every episode. I do not like the figure line (just don't like how cartoony it is, didn't like the other cartoon line either) but since Hasbro as confirmed for the one millionth time (I don't know why people keep asking) that they will never cross over figures I have decided to just suck it up and buy an Ashoka cause from what I can tell, she's close enough as as good as it will get. However this figure is impossible to find! I remember everyone was having a hard time when she was new but it seems Hasbro isn't carrying her over in new waves. This is ridiculous! She's the first new Star Wars character introduced in major media in years and they aren't producing her like mad as every little kid and collector is going to want at least one? Any word of Hasbro planning to correct this issue?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

She's a good figure, minus the bright blue/purple, you really can't tell the difference between animated and realistic.

I have seen exactly 2 of her. The first one I saw was when she was originally released. I didn't buy her because I had not made my mind up on her yet. I went back a couple of days later to pick her up and she was gone. I didn't find her again until Feburary of this year.

I'll keep my eye out for you, but the only figure currently on the 18 pegs at my Toy R Us is Yarma. They finally sent back all the Juno's.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'm sure they will....eventually. Can you say repack.

She is a VERY popular figure, I don't even collect the 3.75 inch figures anymore, and I ended up buying her for my daughter. Her SW collection is small, but this was a must have figure for her.

BTW, if you are really desperate for the figure I suggest you avoid hitting ebay. EE has Wave 2 Revision 1 cases, which come with 2 Ashoka figures and 10 others, mostly Clones/Droids (army builders) for $80.30 (that's $6.69 per figure) here:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...mber=HS87638B1

Not bad considering ebay prices are around $25-$35 for 1 Ashoka figure.
    May the force be with you.

She will also be in a BP later this year with soft goods.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, the Clone Wars line is more of a true boy's toy line when compared to the more collector focused TLC line. And girl action figures traditionally sell very poorly among young boys. So Hasbro doesn't want to load the pegs down with Ahsokas, when kids are going to be much more interested in Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Clonetroopers, and Battle Droids.

That's my theory, anyway.

I've never fully bought the "boys don't want female toys." Or maybe it depends on how cool the character was. I know everyone wanted Lady Jaye, Scarlett, and the Baroness. But everyone was lukewarm to Cover Girl, preferring her for the Wolverine tank if they wanted the set at all. I always saw it as "these three are cool, regardless of gender, and this other woman isn't because no one ever did much with her in the 'toon or comic."

Then again, Ashoka is sort of a Britney Spears type, so maybe that sort of female doesn't appeal to little boys the same way a ninja babe with a crossbow does.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ashoka is sort of a Britney Spears type, so maybe that sort of female doesn't appeal to little boys the same way a ninja babe with a crossbow does.
    Ummm....duh, and what do you mean....little boys? If I had found a ninja babe with a crossbow, I would have married her.

BTW, my wife used to wear combat boots!
    May the force be with you.

i've seen the clone wars ahsoka plenty. it was the GH version that was difficult for me to find.

should i make a toy run anytime soon, i'll see if she's still on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've never fully bought the "boys don't want female toys." Or maybe it depends on how cool the character was. I know everyone wanted Lady Jaye, Scarlett, and the Baroness. But everyone was lukewarm to Cover Girl, preferring her for the Wolverine tank if they wanted the set at all. I always saw it as "these three are cool, regardless of gender, and this other woman isn't because no one ever did much with her in the 'toon or comic."

Then again, Ashoka is sort of a Britney Spears type, so maybe that sort of female doesn't appeal to little boys the same way a ninja babe with a crossbow does.
    I know you've hated Ahsoka since well before the show premiered, but she doesn't really have a Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus vibe if you actually watch the show without going into it wanting to hate her. She's kicked plenty of *** in several episodes, going up against Grievous, Ventress, and lots of droids while holding her own; she once even saved Anakin and Obi-Wan from a gundark, among lots of other things.

Anyway, I remember being reluctant to get the slave Leia figure when I was younger, and didn't get it for a few years. But I got all the other ones when they came out. As for Ahsoka, I haven't seen the figure for a while, either.

I saw her once and bought her. I liked the huttlet accessory. I had seen her once since my purchase...and not again. Good luck!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.