Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

SDCC Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) Figure!!

I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere as of yet. But one of the exclusives for SDCC is a Luke Skywalker figure. Looks to be a repaint/repack of one of the older Flight Suit Luke Skywalkers. But he comes with the Ladder for the X-Wing that so many people were ticked about that they couldn't get when that accessory set got scrapped. Looks like he comes with a base as well. Pretty cool, but I feel bad for those folks with multiple X-Wings who want more than one ladder accessory. Here's the picture!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDCC Luke Skywalker.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	20019  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah they mentioned this in the Toy Fair slide show. It's actually the Luke that was supposed to come in the WM droid factory sets but LFL nixed the "smiling" version and Hasbro had to throw in a repaint of the one we all had. It's just a new head as far as I can tell but it would go well with the burnt up R2 for his hero's welcome on Yavin for a diorama or display.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I don't follow Star Wars as much as I used to. But at least the carded pic is new.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I don't follow Star Wars as much as I used to. But at least the carded pic is new.
    No doubt about that Beast, I'd only seen the loose pic from the slide show!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

It's a bit ridiculous to me. SDCC figures are usually about $15, but he was just previously available for about $7, the only new bits are a ladder and a goofy smile. Ironically, I find it to be an absolutely brilliant looking set and if this were on Wal-Mart's pegs I'd buy it without second thought. As an overpriced exclusive though? Just ridiculous.

"Luke, may the Orbit be with you."
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Interesting find.

Man, that smiley head is hard to look at. I guess I want that ladder, but if this thing is over $15, I don't think I can warrant the trigger-pull.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ladder is cool! Head sculpt is not. Man, hasbro is killing me with their subpar sculpts these days. That head sculpt looks AWFUL!

Their focus is clearly solely on the kiddies these days. As if Hasbro is thinking, 'ah kids wont notice a crap sculpt'
    Real men buy Willrow

Looks like another $15 saved on a worthless SDCC exclusive for me again. I'm just praying the Joe and TF exclusives will be carp from the movies, so I don't have to stand in hasbrotoyshop.com's insane line to get them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Looks good! I won't mind getting a different X-Wing Luke, especially since it comes with that ladder!

hoping they sell this on HTS. definately want one.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks